PDA

View Full Version : "Wire manager" for Music2 system

mikeraj
08-30-2009, 09:27 PM
I "inherited" a JBL Music2 system that comes with two Sat2 satellites and one Basswave subwoofer. From the manual, it seems that the "wire manager" is missing. Where can I order this part from? In case I cannot source it, could someone provide me with a diagram so that I can fabricate a "wire manager" myself. Thanks!

hjames
08-31-2009, 02:54 AM
I "inherited" a JBL Music2 system that comes with two Sat2 satellites and one Basswave subwoofer. From the manual, it seems that the "wire manager" is missing. Where can I order this part from? In case I cannot source it, could someone provide me with a diagram so that I can fabricate a "wire manager" myself. Thanks!

Looks like the Music 2 system was a 1993-95 speaker system, no longer in production.

First Manufactured1993
Last Manufactured1995
First MSRP$949.00
Satellite
SAT2 (2)
Nominal Impedance8 ohms
Recommended Power Amplifier Range10w - 120w
Frequency Response120Hz - 20kHz (+/-3dB)
Sensitivity90dB
Crossover Frequency(ies)3.5kHz (nominal)
Subwoofer
BASS2
WooferTWO (2) - 5.25" shielded
Frequency Response40Hz - 120Hz
Crossover Frequency(ies)120Hz
Sensitivity90dB (1 watt/1 meter)
Power Handling, RMS100 watts
Input Impedance1k ohms

I went to JBL and looked it up here -
http://www.jbl.com/home/product_support/default.aspx

and got this -

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/partlist.asp?BrandId=JBL&MarketId=HOM&Parts=MUSIC2

We apologize but at this time parts are not available online for this Product...Please e-mail our parts department [email protected].

mikeraj
08-31-2009, 03:37 AM
Hi hjames, thanks for the response. I have just dropped them an email.

hjames
08-31-2009, 05:14 AM
Hi hjames, thanks for the response. I have just dropped them an email.
Not sure what Wire manager is - is it some kind of software?

Anyway, they may have info on the other speakers you wanted parts for -
you can go to the JBL site (Link in my last email) and using the drop-down menu,
look up your other speakers -
but - they have been downsizing replacement parts department lately, due to the bum economy ...
and they are nearly 15 year old speakers ...

mikeraj
08-31-2009, 04:16 PM
hjames, bad news, just received this reply

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to inform you that we no longer have parts available as this is an old model and there are no replacement parts available for this model.

I applogize for your inconvenience.

Regards,
Shelly
Parts Department

hjames
08-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah - that's the problem with a lot of speakers - they are made to hit a certain "Price Point" and parts aren't made for them after a few years.

So - you can haunt ebay and see if you can fnd parts for them there, or find another pair you can canabalize for spares, or - hack something similar into them and maybe it will sound ok ...

Don't know what else to tell you, but good luck!

hjames, bad news, just received this reply

##########
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to inform you that we no longer have parts available as this is an old model and there are no replacement parts available for this model.

I applogize for your inconvenience.

Regards,
Shelly
Parts Department
############

mikeraj
08-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the wire manager? Can I do away with the wire manager? If so, how do I connect the Basswave and Sat2 speakers to my amplifier?

mikeraj
08-31-2009, 04:59 PM
If anyone has an old "wire manager" for the Music2 system, please let me know if you're willing to sell it to me. Thanks!

hjames
08-31-2009, 06:22 PM
If anyone has an old "wire manager" for the Music2 system, please let me know if you're willing to sell it to me. Thanks!

So - what is "Wire manager" anyway?

I looked up the music 2 system and found a bunch of charts and things on this site on this post ...

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110698&postcount=3

Go down the listing and click and save all the pdf files available as Music 2

mikeraj
09-01-2009, 05:41 AM
Here's a scan picture of it from the instruction manual. It is a connector box. I am not sure if it is just wire connections inside, or if there are any passive components inside. I would appreciate it if someone could let me know how how I can connect my two Sat2 satellite speakers and one BassWave subwoofer without the wire manager. Thanks

hjames
09-01-2009, 06:06 AM
I don't know your system at all, and you've posted no pictures before this Wire manager connector plate, but - basically, it looks like the plate amp connections for a subwoofer.

With both a left and a right "subwoofer", as well as a left and right Satellite speaker,
I'd guess its just a kind of dual 2-way crossover.

What is the rest of your system like?

What amp(s) are you using for your speakers?

mikeraj
09-01-2009, 06:17 AM
Hi James, I'm planning to use an Arcam Alpha integrated amp.