PDA

View Full Version : Aquaplas for 2445 diaphragms?

Doc Mark
08-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Greetings, All,

I have heard that the 2445 Ti 'phragms sound better, and less "tizzy", if they have been aquaplased. Is this true? If so, where does one have this procedure done, and what does it cost to do it? Thanks, very much, for any info on this. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

robertbartsch
08-23-2009, 12:51 PM
...can't give any light on aquaplas frames but I am running a system with 2445s, passively crossed between 500 and 8K.

I don't find the big Ti 2" drivers have that nasty ...Tssss Ti sound but I'm running bullet tweeters above 8K. These units are very impressive - I've loved them since the first time I picked one up.

...my 2445 and tweters have new frames....

...these things need big power to really shine but that is another story...

Good luck with your system

4313B
08-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Greetings, All,

I have heard that the 2445 Ti 'phragms sound better, and less "tizzy", if they have been aquaplased. Is this true?Yes.

D8R2452H-SL

Doc Mark
08-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Hey, Guys,

Thanks, very much! No plans to do anything with my 2445J's just now. But, thought I'd ask to have the info on hand, just in case. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

robertbartsch
08-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Doc:
What other drivers are you planning to use with your 2445s?

I'm using the 2225s and bullets...

...every time I listen to these, I like them more than before...

Doc Mark
08-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Hey, Robert,

Thanks for the shout! Before we got our L300's, I had been given a nice old pair of 4333 cabs by Grumpy, and with those I was going to use a pair of 2235H's. As for the rest, I have three horns from which to choose for the 2445's: H93's, 2380A's, and 2397's. On top with be a pair of 2405's that I've had since dirt was invented, and I have a nice pair of 2123's that I bought from Bart, which might be tossed into the mix, too.

However, since we got the L300's, my desire to work up other systems has wained somewhat. We love those big ol' Summits!! But, now and then, I still wonder how the 2" drivers would sound in comparison to the 1" we're using now. Our little business keeps us hopping, most of the time, which is good. But, when some time permits, I still may play around a bit, especially with those 4333 cabs. They were originally veneered, but someone painted them black, right over the veneer. I have a few extra openings in the back that need covering, and an access door in the back to make. Then, a little bit of squaring a few corners, a crossover to make, and off we go!! Fun, huh?!! Again, this is not something that's going to happen any time soon, though. We have a few big Living History events upcoming, and more work to do on the house, in addition to our business. So, we'll see how it all turns out. Thanks for asking, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Earl K
08-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Greetings, All,

I have heard that the 2445 Ti 'phragms sound better, and less "tizzy", if they have been aquaplased. Is this true?

Yes.

D8R2452H-SL

- Interesting !

- These newer 4" diaphragm types connect to the older style of back-cap ?

- I always assumed the older D82450SL diaphragm was the best fit ( but then I don't have any 2452x style drivers or even an 2445s ) .

>< cheers :)