PDA

View Full Version : Cant find a Model number on these JBL's?

bendesigns
08-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi, there are a pair of what seem to be JBL's on Fleebay at the moment and I cant for the life of me work out what model they are. I have tried contacting the seller but no luck and I have spent a couple of hours combing the net to find a photo of them but no luck. They have rounded corners and woofers similar to 240 Ti's but other than that im at a loss. The tweeter looks like its been replaced to. Does anyone have an answer?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190329922289&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jim/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpghttp://i.ebayimg.com/10/%21BY0%289LQBWk%7E$%28KGrHgoOKjkEjlLmZBiZBKjkDUheM w%7E%7E_1.JPG
Thanks

grumpy
08-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Not being familiar with all JBL product lines produced for individual global
markets, I can only say it -appears- that someone put a JBL crossover
into some non-descript box and hoped for an uneducated buyer to bite.

:dont-know

HCSGuy
08-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Looks like a mix to me - the L-Pads look like vintage Realistic and the woofer looks like an old Technics piece. Other than the crossover, there is nothing that looks JBL here...

bendesigns
08-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Thanks guys,
I thought something was wrong when I saw the word bargain next to JBL. I have trawled through heaps of pages of photos on the net and nothing was matching up. The seller still hasn't replied and the auction is only running for three days which is strange, most run for twice that long. Ill let you know if I find out any more about these modified freaks. My search for some real, vintage Jbls will have to continue.

bendesigns
08-24-2009, 03:57 AM
Someone bought them, about US$100. I hope they got something for their cash. The seller didnt answer any of my questions and refused to take out the woofers and tell me what brand they were. He knew what he was doing, selling dodgy goods. O'well buyer beware when it comes to fleebay.
Some nice 4425's sold in Australia on the same auction site today for AUS$2600!
Thanks again for your help.