PDA

View Full Version : JBL 5235 Electronic X-over Question.

Loud & Clear
08-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Can anyone tell me the bandwidth of the Bass Boost feature on the JBL 5234/35. Example: 6db boost at 30hz. Does this effect 25-35hz, Or just notches up 30hz???

Thanks, Tom

grumpy
08-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Suggest downloading the manual.

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Vintage%20JBL-UREI%20Electronics/JBL-5235%20manual.pdf

Here's a snippet:

Loud & Clear
08-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks Grumpy, That graph is very helpful. I'll have to download the manual. I don't own one of these x-overs yet, but I like that bass boost feature.

To me "audiophile" means you listen to material that contains 20hz-20khz. I know a guy that runs Klipschorns, and is an audiophile. He asked me up, to hear his system. Well he play's the tenor sax, and that is also what he listens to. I gave it a listen, and heard midrange, and that was it. He asked me, "now isn't that the best system you have ever heard"? Not knowing what to say, and being the type person I am, I said, "yes" and left it at that. Say you put on Pink Floyd's "welcome to the machine". It's all there 20 to 20. Thats the way I like it. Perhaps to each his own I guess. If your careful with the bass boost & Eq. You can usually get down to 20hz (woofer excursion taken into account). That is, if you are running top of the line JBL studio monitors, and the like.