PDA

View Full Version : JBL830 floor speakers

Virtue
08-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Any thoughts of quality or value. Sorry can't post picture, camera broke. Late 80's I believe. Sound good but they don't compare to my Altec's. Taking up space. $100? Thanks for any info. Scott.

BMWCCA
08-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Taking up space. $100?
Might be high at that. Maybe even by a factor of three.
http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Technical%20Sheet/jbl830%20ts.pdf

(I assume I can reply since this isn't the Marketplace! :D )

HCSGuy
08-18-2009, 11:21 AM
This listing has been on our CL for (I think) at least 3mos, with no traction. Because your drivers are stamped frame and the enclosures are woodgrain vinyl, they aren't any value to a JBL collector. Put them on CL for $50 with a 12 pack of whatever beer the local College Kids drink (is Burgemeister still cool?) and I think they'll move.
Good luck!

Fred Sanford
08-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Any thoughts of quality or value. Sorry can't post picture, camera broke. Late 80's I believe. Sound good but they don't compare to my Altec's. Taking up space. $100? Thanks for any info. Scott.

Two pair of those locally didn't even go in the free section of Craig's List. I think the owner busted the cabs up & re-used the drivers to repair some other brands of speakers. I was going to get them at some point, but couldn't justify the gas since it was about a 1.5 hour round trip.

je

Virtue
08-18-2009, 12:34 PM
They are the JBL 830 as linked by BMWCCA. Oh well, thanks for the info. They are not even my best garage speakers but was curious if they have any value. I guess the corner of the garage they stay or maybe Craigs list. (12 Newcastles and $50 Hmmm)