PDA

View Full Version : LE 111A & LE 111H; interchangable in a 4313?

medwardb
08-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Greetings,
I'm in the process of refurbing a pair of 4313's and have been having a hard time acquiring a pair of LE 111A's. I've recently found a local pair of LE111H's and wondered if they might be interchangable. Does any one know for sure?
The only difference, that I have found is the DC resistance ( obviously higher for the H) all else seems to be the same. Will this difference in resistance cause problems with the crossover? Are there other differences that may make them non interchangeable in the 4313?
It sure would be great to be able to grab these H's without having to have 'em shipped!
All input welcome,
Thanks All

-MarK> *

Earl K
08-11-2009, 05:44 AM
I've recently found a local pair of LE111H's and wondered if they might be interchangable. Does any one know for sure?

The 4313B model used the Le111H woofer .

It sure would be great to be able to grab these H's without having to have 'em shipped!

IMHO, Buy those local Le111Hs ( after an inspection deems them worthy ) .

The SFG magnet "H"s are arguably a better all round woofer ( though FWIW, I can also like the le111a for its coil&cone / too bad about it having an alnico magnet ;) ) .

You ought to notice a little extra bass output with the "H" ( when "A/Bed" against the original le111a ) .

Do a site search ( for "3113B" ) and then read up on the ( very ) slight revisions made to the N3113 network .

Read this thread specifically ! (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=248&highlight=3113b)

>< cheers :)

medwardb
08-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks Earl K!
I truly apprecite your input and guidance. I've never built a network
myself but I'm heading that way for sure it would seem.
If I had a bit more time I would undoubtedly be there already.
I've been trying to not make any modifications to these as I've wanted them to remain "stock" 100% but the LE111A's are proving quite hard to come by. So, I also think that the 111H's, in the interim, will at least let me get close. I'll keep looking for the 111A's in the mean time and make the modifications to the net reversable. Of course. :)
Thanks again Earl,

-Mark> *

The 4313B model used the Le111H woofer .

IMHO, Buy those local Le111Hs ( after an inspection deems them worthy ) .

The SFG magnet "H"s are arguably a better all round woofer ( though FWIW, I can also like the le111a for its coil&cone / too bad about it having an alnico magnet ;) ) .

You ought to notice a little extra bass output with the "H" ( when "A/Bed" against the original le111a ) .

Do a site search ( for "3113B" ) and then read up on the ( very ) slight revisions made to the N3113 network .

Read this thread specifically ! (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=248&highlight=3113b)

>< cheers :)