PDA

View Full Version : Tweeter in Ti2K gone

pahf
08-04-2009, 04:11 AM
Hi, dont know if this is the right place,but gotta start some place :)

Lately I've been hearing a scratching sound form my left tweeter, but I thought it was a bad recording until today when I found out that my left speaker has no tweeter, it sound like its playing from a box.

I've checked the tweeter and the crossover filter, but nothing seems to be broken? So what should I look for, and is there any replacement tweeter, how much does it cost?

Earl K
08-04-2009, 07:36 AM
Hello pahf

Be aware that this ( TiK ) series wasn't marketed into North America. As a consequence, we ( know only a little about the series & therefore ) can offer only limited help.

Anyways, here are two older threads ( more or less on the same subject ) for you to read.

These 2 threads should help you to assemble some of the necessary info ( to proceed with getting yours repaired ) ;

Tweeter damaged (TW025 replacement) (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24160&highlight=Ti2K)

Brighter 025Ti diaphragms (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20731&highlight=TW025)

>< cheers :)

Andyoz
08-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Is it worth trying the tweeter from the good speaker in place of the "broken" one. That might isolate whether the tweeter is the actual fault (keep the volume levels very ow during any tests though)

cooky1257
08-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Is it worth trying the tweeter from the good speaker in place of the "broken" one. That might isolate whether the tweeter is the actual fault (keep the volume levels very ow during any tests though)

Or... alternatively, swap the bad tweeter with the good one-just in case there's something nasty (uhf) coming from the amp channel the 'broken' tweeter is currently hooked up to-you wouldn't want to blow both.

Andyoz
08-04-2009, 03:01 PM
I like your style Cooky :bouncy:

DManley
08-08-2017, 12:00 PM
These are weirdos. I have many prototypes reference speakers and parts that my late father Chuck Manley Tech for Ling Electronics then Altec to JBL then Gauss left me. He followed Ed May through his career picking up stuff along the way.
I hard these were samples they got from a factory in France? Apparently these were subcontracted.

If you have anymore information for me please let me know?

Thanks
Dana

BMWCCA
08-08-2017, 01:20 PM

Thanks
Dana
An eight-year-old thread, in case you hadn't noticed. The original poster was one-post-wonder and hasn't been active since January, 2014. :dont-know:

gdmoore28
08-12-2017, 03:09 PM
These are weirdos. I have many prototypes reference speakers and parts that my late father Chuck Manley Tech for Ling Electronics then Altec to JBL then Gauss left me. He followed Ed May through his career picking up stuff along the way.
I hard these were samples they got from a factory in France? Apparently these were subcontracted.

Thanks
Dana

Dana, you could do the archive here a great duty by starting a fresh thread entitled "Prototype Speakers from Ling, Altec, JBL, and Gauss."

Then create a post for each driver you have containing clear, up-close photographs of each. If you know anything about the drivers, include that, as well. I'll bet you will discover many people here and elsewhere who will be willing to provide their own recollections and possibly originally printed specifications.

GeeDeeEmm

DManley
08-16-2017, 03:51 PM

Thanks
Dana
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/xxMAAOSwPXdZdP9z/s-l1600.jpg