08-01-2009, 10:50 AM
hello
what do you think about 2461 ?
and e110 and 2220A

Mr. Widget
08-01-2009, 03:13 PM
hello
what do you think about 2461 ?
and e110 and 2220AI probably wouldn't use any of those components in a home music system, though I can think of many pro-audio applications.

What did you have in mind?

Widget

bertgv73
08-02-2009, 12:56 AM
with nothing of all ??
why ?

Mr. Widget
08-02-2009, 10:22 AM
with nothing of all ??
why ?I assume you mean why I wouldn't use any of these drivers in a home music system.

First of all you have to decide what you want a music reproduction system to do. If your primary goal is to have very sensitive drivers for use with a very small amp, then you generally have to make compromises with fidelity and bandwidth. With very few exceptions I haven't heard a maximum efficiency system that I could really live with. Therefore, if that sort of system is your goal you should probably ignore my comments.

These particular drivers.

The 2461 is the economical little brother to the 2470. Both of these drivers were designed to be a robust alternative to their relatively more fragile aluminum diaphragmed cousins. These phenolic diaphragmed drivers are really only meant to be mid drivers as they have higher mass diaphragms that simply do not extend far up into the treble region. They are also not quite as linear as the aluminum diaphragmed drivers are. These phenolic drivers were designed to withstand typical PA use where good fidelity was desired but some compromise in this area was acceptable.

The E110 is a guitar speaker. It was designed with a specific colored sound signature that gives a guitar a bright tone. It certainly can be used as a high sensitivity midbass driver, but it has a distinctly colored sound that many would find tiresome.

The 2220A. Again, this is a PA woofer. It was designed for maximum efficiency and to that end it's linearity and low frequency extension have been compromised. I have attempted to use this woofer in a home music system and was never able to get it's own sound out of my system... Even though this driver is a 15" woofer, it is really only suitable for midbass duty as it's low frequency response is quite limited relative to it's midband output. It has a relatively light curvilinear cone and extremely powerful magnet which combine to increase midband output and reduce low frequency output. It is fine in a large front loaded horn limited to 100Hz to 500Hz, but this sort of arrangement isn't typically useful in an average living room.

Widget

bertgv73
08-02-2009, 10:41 PM
ok thanks a lot now it s clear for me