PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Listeners?

John W
07-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Any other Pandora listeners out there?

I'm on a computer most of the day at work and listen to Pandora quite a bit. I just upgraded to Pandora-One, their paid service, and get the tracks streamed at 192kbps. The sound is really decent. Otherwise you can try it for free at a lower streaming rate and it still sounds pretty good.

I like the service, but sometimes end up hearing the same songs repeated a bit from day to day so I'm looking for new station ideas.

If you have a favorite station it's easy to share.

Here is one I'm listening to now.

Dire Radio (http://broadcaster.pandora.com/t?r=927&c=0&l=37961&ctl=1766D4E:9D507AE4A50AA0925EEA59BBA713BBB1)

To share your own, get the station set up in Pandora then go to share with a friend from the options menu.

I emailed the link to myself and then copied it to the post.

opimax
08-02-2009, 07:31 AM
lets just say I am a paying member and get more than my money's worth. :)

Mark

Hamilton
08-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Pandora is the greatest thing for music since Les Paul, Leo Fender and Jim Marshall.

Krunchy
08-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I like the service, but sometimes end up hearing the same songs repeated a bit from day to day so I'm looking for new station ideas..

A friend of mine introduced me to Pandora, it has a lot of great qualities but at least for me there is something missing. I agree that it can be fairly repetitive & it does seem to push new releases, after a while it seems to play the same tunes from the same artists. But it has brought a couple of new bands to my attention.
The whole concept is a good one, but it would be nice if they took it a bit further. Another point that is a bit frustrating at times is the fact that there are no rewinds, it is free so....

Dire Radio- Hi John! I thought you were giving us a link to a separate Dire Straits radio, now that would be cool!
I'd sign up for that :)

Steve Mac
08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm into it...I did the upgrade too and yeah, I've occasionally heard artists I was unaware of and enjoyed. The fact that you can ask for an artist or genre and get music focused to it is a really good idea. I hope it expands both artistically and sonically!