PDA

View Full Version : L100 rehab

Donald
06-13-2004, 03:28 PM
The L100 cabs I got are missing a few things.

1. Metal things on inside of cab where the woofer mounting screws go into. Need 1.
2. Plastic mounting post the grill frame pushes onto.

Other questions.
Can anyone take some close up pics of the grill frame for me? I need to get 2 built. Ordered new orage foam from sonofagun.

I need to know how the foam attaches and the detail of the frame where it mounts to the plastic post in the cab.

What size are the machine screws that hold the woofers in?

It appears the mid and HF were just mounted with short wood screws. Correct?

I assume there was a rubber gasket for the woofer. Souce for an original? Or what is a good substitute?

4313B
06-13-2004, 03:49 PM
I might have those particular grille pegs and I probably have a pair of 5" and 12" vinyl gastkets. The machine screws and t-nuts should be 10-32.

JBL sold replacement grilles for the L100's that had typical brown double knit polyester cloth. I don't have any of the originals or replacements left anymore so someone else will have to help you there. To think we used to just nonchalantly toss that stuff in the trash...

boputnam
06-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Donald
The L100 cabs ... are missing a few things. :yes: :slink:

boputnam
06-13-2004, 06:22 PM
No, the MF and HF are mounted using T-nuts - as Giskard posted - so as to not fatigue the MDF baffle. These should remove easily and safely. Size 10, 32 theads to the inch.

The rubber gasket is more of a rubber ring, that fits exactly to the basket for airtight. These only comes with a recone kit. A good alternative is sime 1/4-inch wide high-density foam from the nearest Ace Hardware. Comes in self-adhesive rolls. Remove the non-stick backing, and slowly circle the baffle-cut with this, leaving no fart gaps. Will work fine.

The foam was glued to a wooden frame. That frame had/has holes that mate with plastic expansion dowels that are sunk into the baffle. In a pinch, you can forgo the dowels, and just use Velcro to attach the grill. I think credit for that goes to Robh, some months ago (after I painstakenly and needlessley retro'd some out of wood... :banghead: )

sonofagun
06-15-2004, 05:23 PM
I have construction details for the wood frames. As I now can produce the grilles, someone should/could start making frames. I'll send you details or contact me.

porschedpm
06-15-2004, 06:48 PM
There are some OEM grilles on eBay for the L100. The seller is selling two pair - one black pair and one brown pair. Look under "view seller's other items" for the listing for the other pair.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=61377&item=5704707371&rd=1

Donald
06-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Sending my check for the foam grills.

We do need someone to make the frames!!!

peteracing
04-02-2006, 10:50 AM
I am looking for l100 grill frame pictures or fabr. plans too!!!
Please guys:help::wave:

boputnam
04-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Send a pm to "sonofagun" (see Post #5 here).

He's the ACE on L100 grills.

mbottz
04-14-2006, 10:17 AM
I have the patterns and will be making a batch of frames in the next two weeks. If you need frames let me know and I will add you to the run. PM me with you needs.

mb