PDA

View Full Version : JBL 2365T and JBL 2445J

hollyb
07-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi...

I could use some help.

My brother passed away three years ago and I have some of his things that we need to sell. I have no idea of the value of these items and was hoping to get some input from some, hopefully, honest people.

I have a pair of JBL 2365T Professional series horns of some sort that have large metal brackets attached to them. I can provide pictures if necessary.

Also a pair of JBL 2445J Professional series which have the black flared attachments, (no bolts or anything). lol..I know I sound silly, but don't know how else to explain.

Any help would be appreciated. It's hard enough as it is to let these items go, but I don't want to put them on E-bay or Craigslist until I know what they might be worth.

Thank-you kindly,

Holly

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/hbinkley3/DSC03173.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/hbinkley3/DSC03172.jpg

hollyb
07-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Um...okay.

Either no one here is honest...lol.. (seriously I'm kidding),
or no one knows what advice to give.

Would anyone be interested in buying these items or recommending a price I should ask?

My brother was an avid electronics collector, a HAM radio operator, and a custom car fabricator. I have a bunch of items in my garage that belonged to him; including 2 reel-to-reels, power amps, cd player, receiver, among other things - mostly all vintage. He used to be the one on these forums that would give you advice on just about anything including offering schematics, researching for information, etc.

He was traveling from his home in Utah to my home in So. Cal. and disappeared. He was found 3 months later, dead, in an old abandoned building. Someone told us that she knew he was murdered but the police never investigated because it had happened three months earlier and "all evidence is gone". Long story but we believe it was a cover up.

Anyway, that's why I'm trying to come to forums like yours to honor his memory and get these items into the right hands. I don't want it to all end up in a trash pile somewhere because he took care of his stuff and I know he wouldn't want that.

I would appreciate your replies but will no longer post unless someone has a question. I'm sorry to dump all of this on you but I truly was hoping that someone would be able to help.

HCSGuy
07-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Unfortunately, between a recession and the dead of summer, these speakers are selling for about 40% less than they were 8-10 mos ago. 2445J's in similar condition to yours (assuming they work and have the original diaphragm's are closing on Ebay for about $130each. I don't know anything about your horn regarding rarity or desirablility, similar horn/driver sets have closed at $200-225 each.

Clean up the pair and put them on Ebay with a starting bid of $299. You should get some play and end up at around $400-450, unless someone really wants your horns, but I wouldn't hope for any higher than $500.

Sorry for your loss and good luck with your sale.

hollyb
07-27-2009, 08:53 AM
I appreciate your help.

Holly :)