View Full Version : Screws

07-21-2009, 10:14 PM
The thick headed philips machine screws used to secure JBL woofers to their cabinets (ie., l65s & l166s) are called what? And are they available? thanks.

Harvey Gerst
07-21-2009, 10:49 PM
In the old days they were called 1/4-20 Panheads; I don't know what they're called today.

07-22-2009, 04:33 AM
Maybe McMaster-Carr will have something that will work:


07-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Thanks, They've got 'em and alot more. The ones I was looking for , in the OP, are called, fillister head philips screws.

Don Mascali
07-22-2009, 08:56 AM
A tip That I learned from the Guru's here:

You can use Cold Gun Blue to turn them black. It holds up better than paint. The selection is better in regular plated screws.