PDA

View Full Version : M.J. Has left the building

Titanium Dome
06-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Lots of rumors flying about Michael Jackson's death here in LA. More to come, I'm sure.

Titanium Dome
06-25-2009, 03:16 PM
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Music/story?id=7931645&page=1

MikeBrewster77
06-25-2009, 03:47 PM
L.A. Times is now confirming it...

Titanium Dome
06-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Well, there it is.

Titanium Dome
06-25-2009, 03:58 PM
That's three, each progressively younger:

Ed McMahon
Farah Fawcett
Michael Jackson

All were icons of one sort or another--TV celebrity, sex symbol, pop star/musical genius--of my 20s, now gone.

"Here's Johnny!"
"Let creamy cream ya!"
"Make that change!"

John
06-25-2009, 04:03 PM
First it was the "King of Rock" now the "King of Pop"

:rockon1:

JBLRaiser
06-25-2009, 04:12 PM

came over to experience my system. Hadn't played it in months. He picked it out for the Van Halen lead. Strange coincidence.

Titanium Dome
06-25-2009, 04:17 PM
More here:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25528

Krunchy
06-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Wow! :jawdrop: thats pretty messed up, did not listen to a lot of his material (my wife has a few of his albums) but there was no denying his talent.
Its unfortunate, I really was expecting him to come out with some other incredible piece of work, he was due for another feat. Kinda sad, I get the feeling he was a very lonely guy, in spite (& maybe because) of all his money :(

robertbartsch
06-25-2009, 06:04 PM
This is a sad story.

Since he had so many financial issues, it would not surprise me if this turns out to be a suiside.

...very sad!

JBL 4645
06-25-2009, 06:14 PM
I find this rather odd and yet surprised of his passing despite the troubles in the past few years with sexual abusing children.

His carrier has spanned some 45 years since the age of 5 years old.

Bournemouth is having some weird thunder storm tonight and I see connection.

There is live steam on BBC news http://news.bbc.co.uk/

Allanvh5150
06-25-2009, 07:01 PM
He has been in bad health for a great many years now although his death came as a surprise to me. The single most influentual artist of my time.....RIP.

JBL 4645
06-25-2009, 07:18 PM
I bet Michael is up on the moon tonight moonwalking it… :D

Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal in Dolby pro-logic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex30DYwQlHU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex30DYwQlHU)
5m52s a black cat walks across the piano keys.

Michael Jackson Man In The Mirror (Moonwalker Version) Dolby pro-logic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgtWIx2zLtk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgtWIx2zLtk)

R.I.P. Michael :(
http://idolator.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mowtown25moonwalk.gifhttp://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg95/michael1_055/Michael%20Jackson%20Animations/th_i65161147_66990_2.gif

midlife
06-25-2009, 07:50 PM
A talented individual wrought with pain, truly enjoyed his albums.....one cannot drug, drug, drug and drug forever

JBL 4645
06-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Michael Jackson - Leave Me Alone (Album Version) Dolby pro-logic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJvfnQ_E7uw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJvfnQ_E7uw)

R.I.P. Michael

4313B
06-25-2009, 09:18 PM
He was a giant talent.

boputnam
06-25-2009, 10:38 PM
He was a giant talent.Yeah. Amazing.

But, he's been crying for help since his mid-twenties. There's a great interview - I don't know his age - where he articulates how easy it is for him to be on-stage, but how he simply cannot relate to people on a one-on-one basis. As his fame grew, so did his agoraphobia. He changed his appearance, created childlike refuges, and repeatedly exhibited childish social skills. As appalling as it often was, it evidenced his trap. It is tragically sad that there seemed nothing could be done to save him from his fears.

I never learned the "moon walk". I'll never stop trying... :)

robertbartsch
06-26-2009, 03:43 AM
....growing up in the sixties and seventies I enjoyed all the heavy metal groups. When Jackson began his solo career in the 80's, I did not enjoy any of his music but I recognized he had enormous tallent.

The bazar behavior in later years, including is fixation with small boys, was evidence of his inablity to cope with the world he lived in.

As a CPA for 30 years, I recognize the importance of money and finances and it is fairly obvious he died broke. His primary financial asset was his financial interest in song titiles from the Beatles and others that, initially he shared 50%-50% with Sony. As cash flows from the collection were not suffceint for his everyday needs, he borrowed against the asset using it as collaterial.

Recently, the lenders closed the loop and his intersts in the song tititles was greatly diminished. His agreement to perform 50 concerts in London this summer was a desparate attempt to generate money that he could not live without.

Anyway, I assume the pressure to perform in London drove him to take an overdose of perscription drugs which killed him. The autopsy will answer this soon.

...very sad situation.

robertbartsch
06-26-2009, 05:16 AM
A Jackson family attorney said last night he had a serious perscription drug problem that the family knew about and that, when fully revealed, will make the Anna Nicole Smith situation look tame.

CNBC reported this AM that he injected himself with demoral and that caused his medical problem yesterday.

His recent financial troubles have been well publisized.

JBL 4645
06-26-2009, 05:31 AM
....growing up in the sixties and seventies I enjoyed all the heavy metal groups. When Jackson began his solo career in the 80's, I did not enjoy any of his music but I recognized he had enormous tallent.

The bazar behavior in later years, including is fixation with small boys, was evidence of his inablity to cope with the world he lived in.

As a CPA for 30 years, I recognize the importance of money and finances and it is fairly obvious he died broke. His primary financial asset was his financial interest in song titiles from the Beatles and others that, initially he shared 50%-50% with Sony. As cash flows from the collection were not suffceint for his everyday needs, he borrowed against the asset using it as collaterial.

Recently, the lenders closed the loop and his intersts in the song tititles was greatly diminished. His agreement to perform 50 concerts in London this summer was a desparate attempt to generate money that he could not live without.

Anyway, I assume the pressure to perform in London drove him to take an overdose of perscription drugs which killed him. The autopsy will answer this soon.

...very sad situation.

That seems likely the possibility or the simple strain and pressure had caught up with him and his body wasn’t able to cope as he was always dancing strongly on stage or in music videos and think of all the rehearsals.

Still find this incredible to believe he’s gone?

One thing that does creep me out is the possible or unlikely incidents with children and what if it where true and what if someone just wanted to ruin his musical career by slowly destroying and discrediting the man.

But the things like hanging baby over the ledge is more than enough time for the baby to slip and fall and that is not right in the head, because I don’t know of anyone that would do that to their own child.

I agree and I’m sure most world over would agree thou some may also disagree with his surgical issues to transform from black to white is not normal. That’s like a white man wanted to be transformed into black-man, sigh.

Anyway I guess we’d have to wait for the autopsy report thou I’d imagine the family would like to read it before its announced to the world and some details may be, I make out it’s a conspiracy.

jcrobso
06-26-2009, 08:45 AM
His talent was huge! The late Fred Astaire was asked shortly before he died who he thought was the best dancer at that time and he said Michael Jackson!
I have a copy of his Thriller album on Laser Disk, guess I'll get it out and fire up my LD player and watch it.

Ken Pachkowsky
06-26-2009, 09:01 AM
It is tragically sad that there seemed nothing could be done to save him from his fears.

:)

I was never a huge fan but was blown away with his ability to entertain. His fame and recognition in the music industry is well deserved. The first time I toured Westlake Studios I remember thinking about Thriller being recorded there.

I don't know what comes after this life, but want to believe he has found peace in it. With all his fame and success, his life almost always saddened me.

Youth is fleeting...

Doc Mark
06-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Morning, All,

Two quotes that I read many years ago, were my guiding lights back when I used to play music for a living.

- "Fame is a kiss from an infatuated milk maid"

- "Fame is a toy balloon amongst children armed with pins"

I believe this with all my heart, and it really helped me to keep from making many huge mistakes back then, and still does to this day. It's too bad that so many "famous" people begin believing all the over-blown hype about themselves, and once that happens, they are on the slipperly slope to their own end, one way, or the other. The list of talented, but misguided, people that we've lost, is very, very long, and apparently, endless.

I think that Bo's comments on MJ are smack on the money. +1, Bo!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

4313B
06-26-2009, 10:11 AM
this society is upside down when a person who can move their bod around or throw a ball or repeat lines written by others has more social importance than those who build , create or discoverWelcome to the madhouse dude. I fully understand your point but I'm afraid that you're pissing directly into a hurricane force wind.

hjames
06-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the madhouse dude. I fully understand your point but I'm afraid that you're pissing directly into a hurricane force wind.

Its the InfoTainment industry - its more fun to make money on carefully crafted "Celebritology" than on reporting news or actually doing real work!

Its the craft of PR at its absolutely most horrifying peak!

No scripts or intellectual rights to pay, just vampires spouting off cheaply crafted speech and self-promotion. Right up there with "reality TV" and the rest of that Shite ...

And Jacko's passing eclipsed the other music news I heard yesterday, that bluegrass/country legend Bill Harrell passed, from the once famous pair of Don Reno and Bill Harrell

MikeBrewster77
06-26-2009, 10:29 AM
There have been so many more people with greater effects on my life who have passed with barely a note of recognition ...

this society is upside down when a person who can move their bod around or throw a ball or repeat lines written by others has more social importance than those who build , create or discover

ACTUALLY : I didnt care much for Elvis during his time either , but I think he may have had a bigger role in our culture ... as worthless as that is to my daily existance.

I’m really surprised to hear that you feel this way. I’m assuming we’re all here because we love music, and that’s the driving force that fuels our love of JBL’s. And, I know you specifically love music – otherwise, you wouldn’t be trekking over to Goodwill picking up bags of LP’s all the time. ;) Bearing that in mind, to minimize the musical impact of Jackson as having no influence on your own life seems incongruous to me. Whether the particular artist in question is one you personally enjoy, undoubtedly they have had an influence on other artists you appreciate (unless you simply hate their entire genre of music, I suppose.)

Music is an art, so isn’t creation the very soul of it? In MJ’s case, his skills as a performer were easily surpassed by his impressive songwriting credits. And then of course there’s the matter of the countless subsequent musicians who claim him as a defining influence for their art.

I certainly can’t and wouldn’t argue against the fact that celebrity status is overblown, and truly monumental figures pass all too frequently without the recognition they deserve. But to take the completely opposite approach and summarily dismiss whatever the individual’s contribution to the world may have been seems a bit extreme. At the end of the day and for all of his eccentricities, the dude brought a lot of people happiness through his music. That seems worthy of some recognition, no?

Best,
- Mike

Ken Pachkowsky
06-26-2009, 10:58 AM
. And then of course there’s the matter of the countless subsequent musicians who claim him as a defining influence for their art.

I certainly can’t and wouldn’t argue against the fact that celebrity status is overblown, and truly monumental figures pass all too frequently without the recognition they deserve. But to take the completely opposite approach and summarily dismiss whatever the individual’s contribution to the world may have been seems a bit extreme. At the end of the day and for all of his eccentricities, the dude brought a lot of people happiness through his music. That seems worthy of some recognition, no?

Best,
- Mike

I really did not want to respond and get into a debate about society's woe's, fame and measuring other person's contribution's to mankind.... yada yada.... but have to back you up on this well thought out reply.

Akira
06-26-2009, 01:46 PM
I find this rather odd and yet surprised of his passing despite the troubles in the past few years with sexual abusing children.

While his relationship with children was not normal or healthy, I don't believe he sexually abused them. Long time friend and personal engineer Bruce Swedien (and member of Gearslutz BTW) speaks of a kind and gentle soul who would do no person harm. "He shows up early and quietly warms up with his vocal coach... He is gracious and always says please and thank you."

This is a sad story.

Since he had so many financial issues, it would not surprise me if this turns out to be a suiside. ...very sad!
When the financial dust settles you can bet his estate will be worth millions upon millions. He is still (was) a very rich man.

Album sales will be going through the roof and I am sure the record companies are quietly rubbing their hands in anticipation. There will probably be a huge fight for his estate with the donor mother of his kids at the center.

midlife
06-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Maybe we will know, or maybe we will be told what the $$$$ people would like us to believe. You can bet many people knew he needed intervention to save his life....but who would tell the Jackson managers, this guy is going to die if you allow or encourage his fifty show upcoming tour. Give him what he wants and we will make TONS of money, while we pump him along. It happens alot many many times every day...its rough out there

hjames
06-26-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't tolerate child molesters - and its an insult to imply otherwise,
but NONE OF US know anything about the guy other than what the publicity machines told us.

Me, I never felt he was an actual child molester.
Most child molesters are family members, not outsiders
(except for the occasional bad priests we hear about - and they are trusted insiders, if not actual "family")

I never knew him personally, I have no direct knowledge,
but he really seemed more like a lost child than anything else ...
... just a kid that wanted other kids for friends, and as a gay women,
I know firsthand that the world (people) are astonishingly cruel if you seem at all different.

But - considering his net worth, I am sure there were plenty of people that figured they could accuse him,
that everyone would believe them, and that they'd have an easy chance to grab a pot of his money.

There are some serious litigious ba$tards in this country.

Krunchy
06-26-2009, 05:15 PM
but NONE OF US know anything about the guy other than what the publicity machines told us.

(except for the occasional bad priests we hear about - and they are trusted insiders, if not actual "family")

I know firsthand that the world (people) are astonishingly cruel if you seem at all different.

But - considering his net worth, I am sure there were plenty of people that figured they could accuse him,
that everyone would believe them, and that they'd have an easy chance to grab a pot of his money.

:yes: Very good points all, you got that right there Heather.

Now, about this.... Cocaine! :D Who here remembers this one? "I get a kick from Cocaine!" (Cole Porter? am I close) I like Satchmo's version of it.
Also there's the more popular modern version which we are all familiar with:
"When YOu want to get down you gotta... take her out....Cocaine!"
(its just a fun word to pronounce, try saying it in public) :D
Of course it brings people together, otherwise it would not be so popular. Not like meth, for which there are no iconic songs written about its virtues , I guess because it does not have any! other than f___ing up your life & making it so that those teeth whitening strips become basically useless! :barf:

(Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are not the views of the forum & should not be misconstrued as an endorsement for cocaine, which is bad! and are expressed solely for entertainment purposes & perhaps the odd chuckle)

Audiobeer
06-26-2009, 10:34 PM
I was never that great of a fan of his nor did I buy his music. But who has not heard it and who hasn't enjoyed watching his videos when they came out on MTV. He was indeed a freak. He was also so much a part of our culture and our growing up. His passing saddens me especially on the same day that Farrah passed. She was another part of my growing up. Without judging anyone it saddens me because thier passing reminds me how temporary our lives are, and how fast time flies!

JBLRaiser
06-27-2009, 04:11 AM
I was never that great of a fan of his nor did I buy his music. But who has not heard it and who hasn't enjoyed watching his videos when they came out on MTV. He was indeed a freak. He was also so much a part of our culture and our growing up. His passing saddens me especially on the same day that Farrah passed. She was another part of my growing up. Without judging anyone it saddens me because thier passing reminds me how temporary our lives are, and how fast time flies!

However important he was in our lives, he was in our lives and for most, from an early age. And now that kid is gone. Another reality check.

robertbartsch
06-27-2009, 05:14 AM
As a finance professional for 30+ years, I don't understand why people keep assuming his estate will have any money or assets to distribute to heirs.

His troubled finances have been chronicled in the press for many years. ...basicaly, he has been financially insolvent for several years meaning he was unable to pay his debts as they became due.

The recent "short sale" of Neverland Rance to lenders for roughly one half of the outstanding mortgage is just one expample. His failure to pay withholding taxes on employee wages in California is another. Hell, this man even routinely stiffed his attorneys!

It is estimated at the time of death that his debts exceeded his assets by approximately $500 million (thats one half a billion!). If the 50 London concerts were successful he would have earned approximetely $100 million BEFORE taxes.

Does that give you an idea as to the ill health of his finances? LIKE SO MANY OTHER HOLLYWOOD TYPES, THE MAN WAS BROKE AT THE TIME OF HIS DEATH.

I would not want to be the MD that was present at the house where he was found before his death.

JBLRaiser
06-27-2009, 06:41 AM
As a finance professional for 30+ years, I don't understand why people keep assuming his estate will have any money or assets to distribute to heirs.

His troubled finances have been chronicled in the press for many years. ...basicaly, he has been financially insolvent for several years meaning he was unable to pay his debts as they became due.

The recent "short sale" of Neverland Rance to lenders for roughly one half of the outstanding mortgage is just one expample. His failure to pay withholding taxes on employee wages in California is another. Hell, this man even routinely stiffed his attorneys!

It is estimated at the time of death that his debts exceeded his assets by approximately $500 million (thats one half a billion!). If the 50 London concerts were successful he would have earned approximetely $100 million BEFORE taxes.

Does that give you an idea as to the ill health of his finances? LIKE SO MANY OTHER HOLLYWOOD TYPES, THE MAN WAS BROKE AT THE TIME OF HIS DEATH.

I would not want to be the MD that was present at the house where he was found before his death.

what he/his estate owned in intellectual/copyright property. If he sold it all off, then your assertion will be correct. That will be the crux of whether his estate will flourish.

JBL 4645
06-27-2009, 07:29 AM
His talent was huge! The late Fred Astaire was asked shortly before he died who he thought was the best dancer at that time and he said Michael Jackson!
I have a copy of his Thriller album on Laser Disk, guess I'll get it out and fire up my LD player and watch it.

Oh, that’s interesting please by all means post it on Youtube.

JBL 4645
06-27-2009, 08:50 AM
I’m really surprised to hear that you feel this way. I’m assuming we’re all here because we love music, and that’s the driving force that fuels our love of JBL’s.

Good point! I wonder was Michael Jackson a JBL user at home was JBL used at any of his concerts.

John
06-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Hell, this man even routinely stiffed his attorneys!

Well, what goes around comes around.:applaud:

John
06-27-2009, 12:07 PM

Could not agree more with this entire post.:)

John
06-27-2009, 12:12 PM

:hmm:
I could of swore I started this thread but somehow it is the 6th. post now?

hjames
06-27-2009, 01:00 PM

Blame it the mods (everyone else does!)

1 thread was started and then a new thread started and the mods merged the old thread into the new one ..

In their favour, I think yours had been in the off topic area, and this thread was more public ...drew more honey, as it were ...

Allanvh5150
06-27-2009, 02:15 PM

As a finance proffessional you may or may not know that from royalties alone the guy was worth tens of millions and perhaps more. Did you mother not teach you not to speak ill of the dead? Regardless of your opinion of one of the greatest artists of all time it would be prudent to keep those opinions to yourself until a time when we know all the facts. Although I am not a major fan, as a musician, his greatness and contribution to the music industry will be missed as will his countless donations to childrens charities across the world.

Allan.

MJ..RIP

hjames
06-27-2009, 03:12 PM
this financial troll troubles the wound yet again ...

Will No One Rid Me of This Meddlesome Piece ...

JBL 4645
06-27-2009, 03:28 PM

What time was it posted because I think it’s based on time?

JBL 4645
06-27-2009, 03:33 PM
As a finance proffessional you may or may not know that from royalties alone the guy was worth tens of millions and perhaps more. Did you mother not teach you not to speak ill of the dead? Regardless of your opinion of one of the greatest artists of all time it would be prudent to keep those opinions to yourself until a time when we know all the facts. Although I am not a major fan, as a musician, his greatness and contribution to the music industry will be missed as will his countless donations to childrens charities across the world.

Allan.

MJ..RIP

So he could have just relaxed and lived off the royalties no? And maybe he’d still be around, hmm?

hjames
06-27-2009, 03:40 PM
What time was it posted because I think it’s based on time?

Actually, its based on MODERATORS - in GOD MODE.
Answer is in Post 41 - original thread started in OFF TOPIC area, and moved into this public thread which was started later ...

JBL 4645
06-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Actually, its based on MODERATORS - in GOD MODE.
Answer is in Post 41 - original thread started in OFF TOPIC area, and moved into this public thread which was started later ...

Yeah it makes sense to move it here.

So what about this atrophy or have I missed the news over the past 30 hours?

You’re post count is 4,007 licence to trill.:007::D

Allanvh5150
06-27-2009, 04:09 PM
So he could have just relaxed and lived off the royalties no? And maybe he’d still be around, hmm?

Doubtful. He has been of quite ill health for the last ten years with various ailments, not to mention that every man and his dog were out to get him for some reason. What 99.9% of the poulation seem to forget is that he was just a man with all the frailties that go along with being as such. Apart from a few minor quirks he was a great person and anyone that knew him will say exactly that.

Allan.

MJ....RIP

JBL 4645
06-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Doubtful. He has been of quite ill health for the last ten years with various ailments, not to mention that every man and his dog were out to get him for some reason. What 99.9% of the poulation seem to forget is that he was just a man with all the frailties that go along with being as such. Apart from a few minor quirks he was a great person and anyone that knew him will say exactly that.

Allan.

MJ....RIP

So all-the-money wouldn’t have saved him? Yes we’re all mortals.:(

John
06-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Blame it the mods (everyone else does!)

1 thread was started and then a new thread started and the mods merged the old thread into the new one ..

In their favour, I think yours had been in the off topic area, and this thread was more public ...drew more honey, as it were ...

Just thought it was odd:blink: that's all.

As far as off topic,:no: I started the thread in music.:blink:

If it was a tech info thread and it needed to be cleaned up or put in order fine, but why mess with a thread when not needed. Next thing will be deleted posts and book burning.:o:

robertbartsch
06-27-2009, 04:41 PM
It looks like his MD injected him with demorol which may have induced the heart stopage.

John
06-27-2009, 04:42 PM
So he could have just relaxed and lived off the royalties no?

I know I could of lived nice and comfy.:D

JBL 4645
06-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I know I could of lived nice and comfy.:D

I bet you would too.:D

So which one of MJ albums that is still selling hot on the chartsand making wads of money?

MikeBrewster77
06-27-2009, 05:20 PM
So which one of MJ albums that is still selling hot on the charts

Here's a start:

John
06-27-2009, 05:21 PM
I bet you would too.:D

So which one of MJ albums that is still selling hot on the chartsand making wads of money?

All of them now for at least the next few months.

JBL 4645
06-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Here's a start:
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=40501&stc=1&d=1246148411

All of them now for at least the next few months.

I’m not half surprised the internet seized up due to the rapped increases in downloads.

There’s some damn good titles on that list Smooth Criminal like musical rhythmic beat on this soundtrack.

Yes of course this is going to make billions worldwide? Hmm, it sounds like conspiracy maybe he’s still alive I know that sounds crazy :blink: but that’s the thought I just had.

JBLRaiser
06-28-2009, 05:48 AM
make our politicians look like American Idol rejects........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson

SEAWOLF97
06-28-2009, 09:45 AM
'Infomercial King' Billy Mays Found Dead in Home

anybody can be KING of something these days

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-billy-mays29-2009jun29,0,6116879.story

MikeBrewster77
06-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Why couldn't it have been this guy instead??? Not that I would ever wish death on someone,. but ..........

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0327092sham1.html

Clearly the guy's an a-hole, and frankly, the most annoying TV personality I've ever had the displeasure of watching :barf:

JBLRaiser
06-28-2009, 04:31 PM
if this actually happens..mebbe my opinion will change

Sony/ATV Music Publishing, co-owned by Michael Jackson and Sony, will keep control of Beatles songs following the pop singer's death, said a person with knowledge of the venture's plans.
Jackson, who died Thursday at age 50 in Los Angeles, owned 50 percent of Sony/ATV, which holds rights to more than 200 songs written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, as well as songs by Bob Dylan, Neil Diamond and others. His stake is worth about $1 billion, said Ivan Thornton, a private-wealth adviser who has worked with Jackson.
Sony/ATV will continue to hold the Lennon and McCartney catalogue, said the person, who asked not to be named because the matter isn't public. Britain's Daily Mirror reported in January that Jackson planned to leave the Beatles rights to McCartney in his will to heal a rift between the musicians. Jackson paid $47.5 million in 1985 for the catalogue, outbidding McCartney and Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/27/AR2009062702410.html

the catalog stay with the estate that owns it. McCartney could have bought it and declined, as did Yoko Ono. Never understood McCartney getting his 'knickers in a wad when he had no legal rights to the catalog and could have purchased it with his pre Heather Mills fortune.

Tom Brennan
06-28-2009, 10:41 PM
'Infomercial King' Billy Mays Found Dead in Home

anybody can be KING of something these days

Not only that but everybody's a goddam "icon"; I'm so sick of icons I could.......ahh, nevermind.

robertbartsch
06-29-2009, 12:36 AM
Since the California taxpayers have picked up the tab for the autopsy, I hope we are going to learn the cause of death. I thought the autopsy results of Elvis were sealed and we never knew what really killed him.

As far as the Jackson estate, which has estimated debts in excess of assets of approximately $500 million, I don't see that a few months of downloads and CD sales could fill that hole.

John
06-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Since the California taxpayers have picked up the tab for the autopsy, I hope we are going to learn the cause of death. I thought the autopsy results of Elvis were sealed and we never knew what really killed him.

I am sure he paid a shit load of taxes in his lifetime as well, and if there is no crime issues I really do not think it is anybody's right to the autopsy info except for the family.

Allanvh5150
06-29-2009, 02:46 AM
I am sure he paid a shit load of taxes in his lifetime as well, and if there is no crime issues I really do not think it is anybody's right to the autopsy info except for the family.

Yes, but isnt it the god given right of every American to know the private affairs of everyone? Some people really need to get a life......

Allan.

RIP....MJ

hjames
06-29-2009, 02:58 AM
Yes, but isn't it the god given right of every American to know the private affairs of everyone?

Nope, just the loud ones feel that way.
Don't mistake them for the majority of Americans who do respect privacy.
Its just that the trolls are REALLY LOUD so they get more notice.

midlife
06-29-2009, 09:21 AM
I just saw on the news, Dr.Conrad Murray has stated he has no fault in Jacksons' death and that the estate owes him $300,000 for his services.

MikeBrewster77
06-29-2009, 09:40 AM
I just saw on the news, Dr.Conrad Murray has stated he has no fault in Jacksons' death and that the estate owes him $300,000 for his services.

Personally, I don't have an interest in getting involved in the minute-by-minute, day-to-day speculation, accusations, developments, etc., that are going to feed the media frenzy surrounding this incident.

But, if you're so inclined ..................at least make sure you check your facts. :p

The current story (likely subject to change) is that the doctor was on the promotion company's payroll, and they owe him $300K - not the estate. It's a crass thing to reveal in public either way, but it's slightly less crass if directed towards a company and not an individual's estate. :rolleyes:

Story (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/michael-jacksons-doctor-say-concert-promoter-owes-him-300000.html)

hjames
06-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Personally, I don't have an interest in getting involved in the minute-by-minute, day-to-day speculation, accusations, developments, etc., that are going to feed the media frenzy surrounding this incident.

:rolleyes:

Story (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/michael-jacksons-doctor-say-concert-promoter-owes-him-300000.html)

THANK YOU!!
Lets not turn the Lansing site into a celebrity news E-feed.
- with the 24 hour news services keen to fill the day up with whatever blips on the radar, and correct it repeatedly as the day goes, I'm VERY inclined to ignore all that daytime instant news feeds jawboning and just grab REAL NEWS specifics once a day or so ...

Anyone for the Beeb?

MikeBrewster77
06-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Anyone for the Beeb?

Been a fan for years - long before streaming internet media and cable picking up their stations, I was listening on my trusty Grundig (and later Yaesu) shortwave radio every evening: 5.975MHz ;)

robertbartsch
07-01-2009, 05:06 AM
Mark Gerogous, Michael's attorney for the last mulestation trial, said when asked about weather his illegeded drug addition should be discussed on TV, "I beleive in the First Amendment right of free speech."

Anyway, Jackson enjoyed recording at Westlake Studios and many of their systems are based on JBL stuff, I think.

hjames
07-01-2009, 05:19 AM
Mark Gerogous, Michael's attorney for the last mulestation trial, said when asked about weather his illegeded drug addition should be discussed on TV, "I beleive in the First Amendment right of free speech."

Anyway, Jackson enjoyed recording at Westlake Studios and many of their systems are based on JBL stuff, I think.

AGAIN, Lets not turn the Lansing site into a celebrity news E-feed.
If I want that kind of crap of half-ass innuendos and slander, I'll tune to TMOZ or FOX or CNN - and I DON'T

if you MUST pretend to report on these allegations of news AT LEAST LEARN TO USE A SPELLCHECKER!
Its PAINFUL to read your abuses of English ...
It wasn't funny for Archie Bunker, it isn't funny for you.

Its not Mark Gerogous, its apparently Mark Geragos (fired by Michael in that trial (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_v._Jackson))
Its not MULESTATION - its Molestation (actually, it was an ALLEGED Molestation - see below)
Its not ILLEGEDED - its alleged
Its not ADDITION, Its addiction
Its not BELEIVE, Its Believe (unless you can prove your quote is his actual spelling)

There is NO URGENCY to fill the Lansing Forums Database with this garbage.

REALLY.

I'm not a fan of his music, no most POP music, it was probably good speaker test material in its day though kind of juvenile, but some of this stuff you say borders on Slander ..

On the Alleged Molestation:
In May 2005 the witnesses for the defense testified. Closing arguments of both sides were presented in the beginning of June. Jackson's defense team had to be on 10-minute notice throughout jury deliberations. The jury reached a verdict of not guilty on all counts and all lesser offenses for those counts, announced at 2:13 pm PDT (21:13 UTC), June 13, 2005. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_v._Jackson#The_trial)

midlife
07-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Its PAINFUL to read your abuses of English ...
It wasn't funny for Archie Bunker, it isn't funny for you.

It was funny when Carrol O'Conners' character unknowingly stumbled through the English language, thats why they did it. The cayshonal spillin blurp should be fergivyn ;)

hjames
07-01-2009, 08:11 AM
It was funny when Carrol O'Conners' character unknowingly stumbled through the English language, thats why they did it. The cayshonal spillin blurp should be fergivyn ;)

'casional is one thing - but trying to be a reporter and not spelling well is abysmal. Maybe he should quite trying to be a reporter??
Maybe he should get a spellchecker?
Maybe he should check his stories before upchucking them here?

Really, we don't need 24/7 type coverage of Micheal Jackson here ...
that's what Those Other sites are for

jcrobso
07-01-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm probably the reason that spell check was invented.:(
Sometimes when I type some words spell check comes back and says what?:blink:

I do make an effort to get things correct, but I also sympathize with people that struggle with spelling.
I agree that the 24/7 coverage of MJ is getting nauseating.

John
07-02-2009, 01:17 PM
The current story (likely subject to change) is that the doctor was on the promotion company's payroll, and they owe him $300K - not the estate. It's a crass thing to reveal in public either way, but it's slightly less crass if directed towards a company and not an individual's estate. :rolleyes:

Yes, and the promotion company told him to take a hike and go after the estate. Everyone is looking to screw everyone else.:o:

hjames
07-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Cant belive that the forum "news criers" did not alert us to Fred Travalena & Karl Malden within moments of their deaths ...you guys are slipping.

http://www.thecelebritycafe.com/features/29741.html

Frank Gorshin was famous (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0331319/) for his voices,
Rich Little is famous (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0514648/) for his voices,
... Fred who (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0871239/) ...?
is he some kind of famous guy out west?

4313B
07-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Oh for crying out loud.... Just when I think I've heard it all...

Not all of Michael Jackson's body was lying inside a gold casket at Tuesday's memorial service in Los Angeles. The King of Pop's brain was literally elsewhere.

Investigators are holding a portion of Jackson’s brain for more tests, and it will be returned to his family once those tests are complete, said Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter.

Could this be the harbinger of another ziplock bag commercial?

jcrobso
07-08-2009, 02:31 PM

Not all of Michael Jackson's body was lying inside a gold casket at Tuesday's memorial service in Los Angeles. The King of Pop's brain was literally elsewhere.

Investigators are holding a portion of Jackson’s brain for more tests, and it will be returned to his family once those tests are complete, said Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter.

When I read this a vision of MJ's Thriller video flashed through my mind>:biting:

Allanvh5150
07-08-2009, 03:20 PM
"I beleive in the First Amendment right of free speech."

There is no such thing as free speech.

midlife
07-08-2009, 04:17 PM

They are planning to clone him and create a Multiple Michael Jackson musical, moonwalking, matching band. "The kid is not my son"

Audiobeer
07-10-2009, 04:51 AM
One side of Neverland had Bose speakers and the other side had Control 5s?

hjames
07-10-2009, 05:03 AM
There is no such thing as free speech.

Nahhh - time for Open Season on papparazzi.
Dead meat walking around trying to fabricate "news stories" from whatever happens to be nearby ... If there isn't any real story, annoy the heck out of whoever is nearby and hope they get mad enough to lash back so you "get" a "story" ...

I watched one of these pathetic "freelance-photogs" hassling Woody Harrelson as he was leaving the airport -
guy kept jumping in Woody's face, blocking his way, generally just being annoying,
pretty much begging him to have a swing or break a camera or anything to "create" some kind of "story"

Shoot them useless lowlife scum! And their "Editors" too!

jcrobso
07-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Nahhh - time for Open Season on papparazzi.
Dead meat walking around trying to fabricate "news stories" from whatever happens to be nearby ... If there isn't any real story, annoy the heck out of whoever is nearby and hope they get mad enough to lash back so you "get" a "story" ...
Shoot them useless lowlife scum! And their "Editors" too!

The thing that bothered me is that several famous people died during this time frame and we were saturated by the media coverage of MJ!:banghead:

hjames
07-10-2009, 08:36 AM
The thing that bothered me is that several famous people died during this time frame and we were saturated by the media coverage of MJ!:banghead:

Well, Michael was a famous person too, but I get your point.

Blame it on this idiotic "infotainment" business, the idea that you could convince people to watch, no, even go out of their way to hunt down "press releases" as if it were legitimate News ...

its just pitiful, sheeple

SEAWOLF97
07-26-2009, 09:12 AM
In the Old West the goal was to "be buried with your boots on"

In the New West ...things have changed a bit .....

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/michael_jackson/2009/07/26/2009-07-26_the_morgue_mystery_of_michael_jacksons_missing_ nose_.html

mikebake
07-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Michael Jackson died?

robertbartsch
07-26-2009, 02:49 PM
yeh, there have been a lot of stories lately.

The NY Post reported Sunday that he wanted to buy a 10 acre spread in Vegas for 25 million but he could not afford it. Yesterday, it was reported that his estate was not insolvent as widely reported but was worth $500 million.

SEAWOLF97
09-15-2011, 04:55 PM
if you are found guilty ..... just sneak out of the country under a blanket and go hide out in an Arab sanctuary (hopefully with no extradition agreements) :crying:

Jermaine Jackson arranged a plan to smuggle Michael Jackson out of the United States if the defense lawyer in his brother's 2005 molestation trial indicated he was destined to be found guilty, Jackson revealed in a book published Tuesday.
Michael Jackson, who was eventually acquitted of child molestation, did not know about the "Plan B," which involved sneaking the pop icon out of his Neverland estate under a blanket and using a chartered plane to fly him to the Middle East, his brother wrote in "You Are Not Alone: Michael, Through A Brother's Eyes."

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-14/entertainment/jermaine.jackson.book_1_comeback-concerts-propofol-molestation-trial?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ

a whole new meaning to : M.J. Has left the building (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?25531-M.J.-Has-left-the-building)

Allanvh5150
09-15-2011, 05:44 PM
MJ has been dead for two years now but it seems people will continue to badmouth. Seems this is what mankind is reduced to......

SEAWOLF97
09-15-2011, 07:46 PM
MJ has been dead for two years now but it seems people will continue to badmouth. Seems this is what mankind is reduced to......

So glad that you didn't miss the point this time Allen ...

yes, MJ's estate made $30,000,000 from licensing last year, and now his brother writes a book to try to squeeze out a little more.

it appalls me that the family with all that wealth thinks they are above the law ... when faced with the thought of their little Golden Goose being locked up for a while , the plan is to sneak him out of the country before he can be incarcerated.

Allanvh5150
09-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I very rarely miss the point but I also do not obtain my news from the National Inquisitor either.....

SEAWOLF97
09-16-2011, 09:18 AM
I very rarely miss the point but I also do not obtain my news from the National Inquisitor either.....

I think you just did ....CNN is considered somewhat respected. ;)

....this is strange timing :blink:

Key witness against Michael Jackson's doctor is missing

A man who testified earlier that he shipped large amounts of the surgical anesthetic propofol to Dr. Conrad Murray in the weeks before Michael Jackson's death apparently moved out of the United States and cannot be located for this month's trial, prosecutors told the judge Thursday.
Prosecutors want to use the previous testimony of Tim Lopez, given at Murray's preliminary hearing last January, because they've been unable to contact him since he moved to Thailand. Pastor said prosecutors must show Monday that they have done everything possible to reach Lopez.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-15/justice/california.conrad.murray.trial_1_propofol-district-attorney-david-walgren-potential-jurors?_s=PM:CRIME

hjames
09-16-2011, 11:13 AM
So - are you sure Michael actually passed?
Maybe he DID go overseas with a new identity ...
:D

I think you just did ....CNN is considered somewhat respected. ;)

....this is strange timing :blink:

Key witness against Michael Jackson's doctor is missing

A man who testified earlier that he shipped large amounts of the surgical anesthetic propofol to Dr. Conrad Murray in the weeks before Michael Jackson's death apparently moved out of the United States and cannot be located for this month's trial, prosecutors told the judge Thursday.
Prosecutors want to use the previous testimony of Tim Lopez, given at Murray's preliminary hearing last January, because they've been unable to contact him since he moved to Thailand. Pastor said prosecutors must show Monday that they have done everything possible to reach Lopez.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-15/justice/california.conrad.murray.trial_1_propofol-district-attorney-david-walgren-potential-jurors?_s=PM:CRIME

SEAWOLF97
09-16-2011, 03:23 PM
So - are you sure Michael actually passed?
Maybe he DID go overseas with a new identity ...
:D

who knows :dont-know: with a good blanket he can go anywhere :p

Germ-main also says MJ had a meeting at the WTC on 9/11 , but slept in
and missed it.

Allanvh5150
09-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Since when has any media source been respected?