PDA

View Full Version : I get to work with 2-JBL PRX525 & PRX518 tonight

jcrobso
06-25-2009, 10:05 AM
I have gig tonight, I'm running sound at Church on the west side of Chicago.
Rock Church is having a big tent meeting and rented a nice JBL sound system.
I have not had a chance to hear the new line of JBL/Crown powered speaker systems. The only down side is the is going to HOT:biting: outside.
I will post tomorrow and let you know how it went.

Last night when I arrived at location I was some what disappointed, even thought the copy of the sound contract that I had been sent had listed PRX525 that is not what I found setup.
What I found was the JBL Pro M setup, a large 18" sub box that also housed the power amps and pole mounted Pro M 415 cabinet. Don't get wrong the sound from this was GOOD, I was just looking forward to working with the new JBLs.
This was a tent revival meeting, There was one hour of black gospel music, a choir and song leader, Hammond organ, drums, keyboard and one terrific bass player. I did really enjoy the music!!
No complained that the music was too loud or too soft, I had a lot of fun! I don't get to run live sound very often, just one a month at my church. and then the music part is usually about 20 min. I'm looking forward to tonight and more good Gospel music! John

short_circutz
07-08-2009, 08:00 AM
I have gig tonight, I'm running sound at Church on the west side of Chicago.
Rock Church is having a big tent meeting and rented a nice JBL sound system.
I have not had a chance to hear the new line of JBL/Crown powered speaker systems. The only down side is the is going to HOT:biting: outside.
I will post tomorrow and let you know how it went.

Last night when I arrived at location I was some what disappointed, even thought the copy of the sound contract that I had been sent had listed PRX525 that is not what I found setup.
What I found was the JBL Pro M setup, a large 18" sub box that also housed the power amps and pole mounted Pro M 415 cabinet. Don't get wrong the sound from this was GOOD, I was just looking forward to working with the new JBLs.
This was a tent revival meeting, There was one hour of black gospel music, a choir and song leader, Hammond organ, drums, keyboard and one terrific bass player. I did really enjoy the music!!
No complained that the music was too loud or too soft, I had a lot of fun! I don't get to run live sound very often, just one a month at my church. and then the music part is usually about 20 min. I'm looking forward to tonight and more good Gospel music! John

Do you happen to mean the MPro series?

jcrobso
07-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Every once in a while I have brain fart and things get turned around.
Most of the time I catch them when I proof read the post but not always.

JBL 4645
07-08-2009, 10:33 AM
And don’t forget the pictures and few Youtube videos to mark the event have fun.:)

jcrobso
07-08-2009, 12:49 PM
And don’t forget the pictures and few Youtube videos to mark the event have fun.:)

Since the birth of my sixth granddaughter I have not had my camera, my daughter has it. I didn't think to bring my video camera.:(
The band I play in is doing a block party on August 1st with a couple of other bands. I'll be sure to get pics and video.

Since we are having other bands we are trying to decided who's sound system we will use. One band wants to use their system, Mine is all JBL(of course), but we are all going to use the same PA system. So unless they have a better one than mine, mine it is. It would be nice not have to haul all of my stuff, but I don't get a chance to use by big system very often. So I want to!:D

short_circutz
07-10-2009, 06:11 AM
The MPro 415 is a very respected entry level PA cabinet. Wish I could have had the money to get a pair (or two) while they were current models.

jcrobso
07-10-2009, 07:57 AM
I don't have any complaints about the sound of the MPro 415! I did enjoy working with the system. I would not mind having a system either.