PDA

View Full Version : L166A L Pad Adjustment (0-10 Scale)

jeffczar
06-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Sorry for the double post but was wondering if anyone had what JBL considered flat on the L pads of the L166A. I checked the JBL website and searched here but all I could find was the L166 models with the L Pad reference at 0 in the middle and + and - from there. I am assuming I have the L166A models because they have the adjustment scale from 0 at the bottom to 10 at the top. I seem to remember that 3 on the mid and 7 on the tweeter was the reference point and that is where I am running them. That seems fairly close either way. I can't seem to come up with the manual page that explains that for the 166A. I'm sure someone has that handy. Just wanted to be sure for my own knowledge.

ngccglp
07-04-2009, 03:14 PM
I think for most JBL LPADs with calibrations 0-10, the flat setting is 5. However, in domestic setting, I find this setting too bright. Use a familiar record/cd to adjust to taste.

midlife
07-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Sorry for the double post but was wondering if anyone had what JBL considered flat on the L pads of the L166A. I checked the JBL website and searched here but all I could find was the L166 models with the L Pad reference at 0 in the middle and + and - from there. I am assuming I have the L166A models because they have the adjustment scale from 0 at the bottom to 10 at the top. I seem to remember that 3 on the mid and 7 on the tweeter was the reference point and that is where I am running them. That seems fairly close either way. I can't seem to come up with the manual page that explains that for the 166A. I'm sure someone has that handy. Just wanted to be sure for my own knowledge.
I had the same question since the L pad "scales" have different numerical values on different models. Try doing a search for "brilliance & presence" and I believe you will find some useful forum members' suggestions. :)