PDA

View Full Version : JBL L300 SUMMIT new Name Plate

mm54
06-23-2009, 12:37 AM
The old L300 SUMMIT name Plate

The new MVL custom JBL L300 SUMMIT Name Plate

I think I can repeat the same or other types if anyone is interested but I need time ... contact MP

hjames
06-23-2009, 05:08 AM
Wow - the original foilcals are just flexible thin metal, but it looks like there is a depth factor to your new made plates - looks like the orange JBL logo area is inset - that's not shading, its really recessed, right?

Very cool!

How are they attached, some kind of rubber cement like the original ones?

4313B
06-23-2009, 05:18 AM
Very cool!Indeed! :yes:

mm54
06-23-2009, 06:32 AM
Thank you 4313B & hjames !!

this is my MVL custom JBL L300 SUMMIT Name Plate
I think I will also make the JBL speaker grill badge that goes on the grid of protection with the same process and orange color

Logo color is embossed in the thickness of the plate ,

I like his aesthetic !

the embossed Logo is beautiful and gives an impression of quality when the protection grilles are removed,
I love orange JBL logo!

plates are glued to the cabinet like the original but if you prefer with screws i think it is also possible.
Many works to do this one with a good aesthetic!

Doc Mark
06-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Good Morning, mm54,

VERY nice job, my Friend! Well done! If you decide to start making these for order, I may well be interested in aquiring a pair, matched up to my own L300's. Mine foil cals are in fine shape, but hey, you never know what might happen to them in the future, and I do like the look of the plates you have created! Again, well done! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

P.S. Following your lead on this, I'm going to make some 6" stands for my L300's, which will raise them, approximately, to waist level. I like the look of yours done that way, and think the tweeter will be closer to ear level both whilst sitting, and standing, if mine are raised up a bit, like yours. Thanks for the good example!

mm54
06-23-2009, 08:17 AM
If you decide to start making these for order, I may well be interested in aquiring a pair, matched up to my own L300's

Hi Doc,
thank you for your congratulations!
It is a pleasure to make quality MVL custom JBL L300 SUMMIT Name Plate
I've never seen one like that.
Of course I can make a pair for you,
I know now how to get a very good and I spend less time to make your own,
I need your serial numbers, if you want something different you can give me what you want and i can look if possible ...
if you have also other type that you want, send me your old original name plate or foilcals.
I have not thought about the price but it takes a long time to make this work, I look
following in MP please
Michel

rjtimmerman
10-30-2009, 05:40 AM
VERY nice novelty idea! I produce all the grill badges and control lables as well for JBL, Fender and Vox etc.
Anyway. I also make the L pad knobs I can produce them longer :blink:,
So they will be flush with the label, as they should be, (alot easier to turn)
Please let me know.
Regards,
R.j
foilcalRus

4313B
10-30-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm looking for some material to mount my stock thickness 4345 foilcals on before mounting the resulting assembly to the baffle using tiny screws instead of adhesive. I figure 1/16" to 1/8" thick should be fine.

I also like the idea of the longer knobs so we can use the short shaft L-Pads if necessary.

mm54
05-25-2010, 12:38 AM
Hi
yes it is always possible (not for long time) to come up with a price for a pair of MVL custom JBL L300 SUMMIT* Name Plates.
i work on new laser machine with better definition and precision than my "handmade" and with better time to realize (price down than mine)
i think the price was on €270/300 by pair say me if interesting.
you must send me your old model or give me all information on to make the same version but "custom MV", your version will be unique.
You can give me more information on serial number or other custom you want

of course it is money but a real pleasure to have the better look in the word witch is also customizable.
The next way is the logo ...at the same orange color or other ..
best regard and thank you for inquiry ..

rbnjr
02-27-2016, 08:19 AM
This type of work to restore or upgrade the look of a favorite speaker of mine just makes me smile and i want to thank all of the people who do this type of work.
again thank you for having the talents to take something great and make it even greater.

cheers!

Audiobeer
02-29-2016, 07:49 PM
This type of work to restore or upgrade the look of a favorite speaker of mine just makes me smile and i want to thank all of the people who do this type of work.
again thank you for having the talents to take something great and make it even greater.

cheers!

Absolutely, love the passion!