PDA

View Full Version : Would someone please help me date my JBL D131

Royce
06-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Hello Everybody :)

My name is Royce, and i'm new here at the forums, and this is my first post.

I have a JBL D131 signature speaker serial No. 29317 that i'm trying to date, but I know nothing technical about JBL speakers, only that I love the sound of them, and have been using them since the 1970s.

I can see the speaker is a 12 inch, and that it is 8 OHMS, but I don't know what year it is, or even how many watts it is. (I also don't know when they started making this model speaker, and if or when, they stopped)

Thank you to anyone who can tell me anything about this speaker

I have attached a photo of it's label hoping it will help.

P.S. I will be happy to register this with the JBL-Registry once I get some info on it.

Thanks for looking at this, Royce

BMWCCA
06-23-2009, 08:01 AM
http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/specs/home-comp/extended.htm

Steve Schell
06-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Royce, to the best of my knowledge the use of the oval foil label began in 1956 and continued on through at least most of the 1960s. This site has a serial number registry, and the moderators have correlated thousands of serial numbers with production dates. Look to the top of the forum page for the JBL Registry sticky. The collected information is apparently not available on the site, even to members, except by writing to the moderators with a specific question. I am a site co-founder and I've never seen it!

Royce
06-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Thank You BMWCCA and Steve, for your replies..I'm going to head over to the JBL- Registry and see what I can find out!

Thanks again, Royce