PDA

View Full Version : 2450 diaphragms with 2445J driver?

mitoe
06-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi folks!

I've been looking everywhere for information on this, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I just recently picked up 4 2445J drivers (for a PA build, based on the old JBL Concert series 4870) and have been told that I would be able to upgrade(?) them to the 2450 diaphragm.

Has anyone tried this? Is it a good/bad idea? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: My information about the 2450 diaphragms comes from a fellow production guy who says he's been loading these in his large stock of 2445s and they fit fine. As I understand it, the only difference between the 2445 and the 2446 is the diaphragm (the 2446 using the 2450 diaphragm).

My biggest question is whether there is actually an appreciable difference between these diaphragms, or if I'm just better off sticking with the 2445s.

Thanks in advance!

-Michael Hunter
FOH Engineer/Road Manager
Phil Dirt & The Dozers
www.phildirt.com (http://www.phildirt.com)

spkrman57
06-20-2009, 09:46 AM
I can't answer your question due to the fact I really don't know the answer. I think the 2445 diaphrams would be the better way to go, but I'm sure someone will give the correct answer soon.

By the way, I'm a fan and have seen Phil Dirt & The Dozers locally here in Columbus years ago.

Regards, Ron

mitoe
06-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Cool... small world! FWIW, they're playing on July 3rd with McGuffey Lane at the new Huntington Park as part of the Red, White & Boom festivities. I think tickets are around $10 or so.

By the way, I'm a fan and have seen Phil Dirt & The Dozers locally here in Columbus years ago.

Regards, Ron