PDA

View Full Version : L pad removal

midlife
06-19-2009, 06:26 AM
I am going to have to remove the L pad unit on my L65s, will I have to spoil the foilcal labels (brilliance/prescence) in order to swap the L-pads? thanks

midlife
06-19-2009, 07:47 AM
I am going to have to remove the L pad unit on my L65s, will I have to spoil the foilcal labels (brilliance/prescence) in order to swap the L-pads? thanks Help, don't want to ruin the labels if I don't have to.

hjames
06-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Help, don't want to ruin the labels if I don't have to.

Lots of folks have posted the answer to this before ... you fan a heat gun
(like a high end blow dryer) back and forth across the label to soften the glue, then use a putty knife to lift the label up and off so you can access the screws underneath ...

Do a search on the site for "Foilcal" - thats what those metal foil labels are actually called (yeah, overly fancy name ...)

midlife
06-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Lots of folks have posted the answer to this before ... you fan a heat gun
(like a high end blow dryer) back and forth across the label to soften the glue, then use a putty knife to lift the label up and off so you can access the screws underneath ...

Do a search on the site for "Foilcal" - thats what those metal foil labels are actually called (yeah, overly fancy name ...)
Yep, don't want to spoil-cal my foilcal. thanks for the link, gonna get it done :applaud: