PDA

View Full Version : Are the DX-1 cards for K2 S9500?

ayyk
06-06-2009, 02:21 AM
Recently I brought two DX-1 for my K2 S9500, when I was checking it out to these two DX-1 that I discover the cards are difference from each other so I hope someone can help. Herewith enclosed photos.

Allanvh5150
06-06-2009, 02:38 AM
I presume you are talking about the wire link verse the 0 ohm resistor? They are electrically the same.

Allan.

ayyk
06-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Besides that did you see the difference between these two sets of card, one set has resistor on the R207 and the other just find a jumper on that position. Further more things are happened in two sets of cards the c203 to c206 were installed resistors I guess it suppose should be capacitors installed there. Therefore I wonder that are these cards for the s9500, and who knows what are they cross over point these card made.

speakerdave
06-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Our techs get the weekend off.

But since I don't like seeing newbie's questions just hanging out there, let me try to be helpful, but understand I am not an electronics guy.

It would help if you would find an online resistor color code key and get the resistor sizes. The colors are a little hard to make out on my monitor. Also read the capacitor sizes off the bodies of the capacitors. We can't see any of them.

Make a chart of the part numbers with the readouts of the loads in your boards. To be safe, include the color sequences of the resistors.

I think you have the later style boards for the K2 series with biased HF, but the resistor sizes don't seem to be right for the S9500. I can't tell what is happening with the low-pass board, but it does not seem to be loaded correctly for the S9500. It may function correctly for some speaker, even though the parts insertion is highly individualistic, but I don't think the S9500. Those resistors in the capacitor slots my be there to provide a minimal resistance to the input buffer. My hunch is these boards have been custom made for another speaker. Everything I've just said may be wrong, since the closest I get to being tech is after I've eaten a High Tech Burrito.

I've looked in our threads, and I can't seem to find the loads for the S9500. Maybe we've never been given them. We have the loads for the M9500, and I believe for the HP they would be the same for the S9500. The LF would be different in part and the same in part. The LP part of the circuit would be the same, I think, but the S9500 had EQ for the bass, and the M9500 did not, as I understand earlier threads.

If you can get the specifications for the S9500 loads, you can use the boards you have by putting in the right values. It looks to me that they are the right kind of board.

Member pasedena had some s9500 boards at one time, but I do not know if he recorded the values.

Allanvh5150
06-07-2009, 01:52 AM
R207 and R208 are resistors with a value of 0 ohms, esentially the same as a wire link. I just looks nicer.

Allan.:)

Robh3606
06-07-2009, 08:12 AM
The schematics and part loads are here.

Rob:)

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1908&highlight=DX-1

ayyk
06-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Thanks Rob and all brothers giving me advise.
I have had tried to connect the DX1 between amps and the K2s9500, it seems nothing wrong, perhaps my ear is not sensitive:(.
Hi Rob, can you tell me are those components value incorrect to these two boards? And what is the cross-over point of you posted value? Would it be ok if I just put the correct value of component that you posted?

Many thanks to all you guys' support.

YK

ayyk
06-09-2009, 01:06 AM
Hi Rob,
I ready to order capacitors and resistors for the board however I want to consult you, please refer to my posted photos that two resistors installed on the back of the board, the these two resistors exist in the original board or not?

many thanks

YK

Robh3606
06-09-2009, 05:13 AM
There is an alternate schematic available. I suggest you use the Search on the Forum and pull up the older threads.

Rob:)

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3817&highlight=dx-1&page=2