PDA

View Full Version : Wherewith StudioL Series

dentcorn
05-27-2009, 02:25 PM
I have been looking for a few Studio L series speakers ever since march and April. Specifically some cherry L820'as and a cherry CH2. There was quite a few available on Harman's site back then,but I was too slow on the draw I guess. They were also quite reasonable priced. Do as anybody know what the deal is of the are going to be offering some more or what (It seems like thre are some in black but I am pretty sick of black).
Any and all commments in for would be much appreciated.

Kirby

hjames
05-27-2009, 02:47 PM
I have been looking for a few Studio L series speakers ever since march and April. Specifically some cherry L820'as and a cherry CH2. There was quite a few available on Harman's site back then,but I was too slow on the draw I guess. They were also quite reasonable priced. Do as anybody know what the deal is of the are going to be offering some more or what (It seems like thre are some in black but I am pretty sick of black).
Any and all commments in for would be much appreciated.

Kirby

Think it took me nearly 3 months last year to get an LC-2 in Beech ...
I got a slightly used one from a private ebay seller in CO - Harman didn't have any when I wanted them ...
Black ash was easy to get and widespread.

Good luck - its worth the wait!

dentcorn
05-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Seems like some would show up sometime. I wonder of JBL is quting this line entirely. If so, and they replace it with the LS line, they have raised their price point considerably and left of lot of us out in the cold (L166's since 1977)
dentcorn))
Plus i like the 820's unique styling - fit it right up against the wall, no stands, no shelves, no little kids fingers...

wu6fiend
05-31-2009, 11:24 AM
I have the complete L-Series family (L890, LC2, L820, L830, 8400P), and couldn't be happier with them. I particularly like the styling, and the way the L820 and LC2 look on the wall. Great sound. They are also very well constructed: fit and finish is excellent, and they are very heavy! I had a lot of trouble getting them in Canada, so I ordered them via an eBay retailer in NY. I paid less than half the retail price for each piece.:D

dentcorn
06-05-2009, 10:02 AM
I gave up trying to find some cherry 820's and LC2's on eBay on Harman store. After much gnashing of teeth, I was able to finally talk to a human at Harman Audio and it appears they have quit making the cherry and beech ones in the US (still available on the Continent), and he wouldn't say much but it sounds like a replacement line will be forthcoming this fall. So I bought some black ones on amazon. With all their deals and promotions, I bought 4 820's and 1 LC-2 for a shade over $500, tax included and delivered - brand new speakers. So except for the colors and am pretty happy. Thanks for all the help