PDA

View Full Version : 035ti or 035tia Is there a differnece???

jbl_daddy
05-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Well I killed a tweeter today in my L100t's, but I happen to have a pair of 4312B's sitting under my shop table. After stealing the tweeter from one of them I noticed they are different numbers, the L100t uses a 035ti where as the 4312B uses a 035tia... Why the differnt numbers, they look the same with the exception of the terminals???

hjames
05-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Well I killed a tweeter today in my L100t's, but I happen to have a pair of 4312B's sitting under my shop table. After stealing the tweeter from one of them I noticed they are different numbers, the L100t uses a 035ti where as the 4312B uses a 035tia... Why the differnt numbers, they look the same with the exception of the terminals???

Pretty darned similar for all intents and purposes. You should be able to swap them in with no adverse effects - but - swap BOTH tweeters so your speakers are matched.
My L20T speakers on paper came with 035TI, but when I opened them up I found they had 035Tia. I had 2 pair of L60Ts last year. When I opened them up I found one pair had the Tis one pair had Tias.

But the L100Ts I recently got just have the 035TIs

BMWCCA
05-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Why the differnt numbers, they look the same with the exception of the terminals???And I could have sworn my L80Ts had 035Ti's in them but the terminals I remember distinctly were just like the 035TiA in the photos above. I'll have to pull them again and take a look. I know my L20Ts have the 035Ti. :hmm:

hjames
05-24-2009, 09:27 PM
And I could have sworn my L80Ts had 035Ti's in them but the terminals I remember distinctly were just like the 035TiA in the photos above. I'll have to pull them again and take a look. I know my L20Ts have the 035Ti. :hmm:

Think we heard this discussion once before - some 035TIs are opposite connectors, some are side by side ...

Fred Sanford
05-25-2009, 05:13 AM
But they're all crappy crinkled tweeters that should be tossed in the dustbin forthwith. :applaud:

je

4313B
05-25-2009, 05:39 AM
phase distortion generators...

opimax
05-25-2009, 07:21 AM
I took the aluminum foil out of mine and used my thumb nail to smooth them out, now they are pretty! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Mark

4313B
05-25-2009, 10:21 AM
I took the aluminum foil out of mine and used my thumb nail to smooth them out, now they are pretty! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

MarkOutstanding! :applaud:

Oldmics
05-25-2009, 06:08 PM
tia series diaphraghm have 3 or 4 plastic centering spacers.

An x-acto slice to those centering standoffs and they will fit just fine.

Oldmics

Fred Sanford
05-26-2009, 07:29 PM
But they're all crappy crinkled tweeters that should be tossed in the dustbin forthwith. :applaud:

je

See? The dangers of sarcasm - a new forum member here thought I was serious, and asked what to replace his tweeters with. :o:

Hopefully they'll start a thread to get helpful information, I feel badly that this "crinkled tweeter" virus has now infarcted outsiders.

je

hjames
05-27-2009, 02:52 AM

je

See? The dangers of sarcasm - a new forum member here thought I was serious, and asked what to replace his tweeters with. :o:

Hopefully they'll start a thread to get helpful information, I feel badly that this "crinkled tweeter" virus has now infarcted outsiders.

je

But my dear Fred -
its 'cause you did the clappy "happy" emoticon :applaud:
and not the winking :just kiddink" emoticon ;)

... That newbie just couldn't see your twinkling eyes and playful nature via forum post ... but ...
at least they didn't think you were angry ... :blink:

Fred Sanford
05-27-2009, 03:53 AM
But my dear Fred -
its 'cause you did the clappy "happy" emoticon :applaud:
and not the winking :just kiddink" emoticon ;)

... That newbie just couldn't see your twinkling eyes and playful nature via forum post ... but ...
at least they didn't think you were angry ... :blink:

I twinkle? :rolleyes:

Who knew? :dont-know

je

4313B
05-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Hopefully they'll start a thread to get helpful informationSomething tells me those days are long over, especially given the caliber of the most recent new members. We're dredging the very bottom of the barrel here folks. I suspect they are prison inmates who have done something stellar while incarcerated to earn a little Internet time.
I feel badly that this "crinkled tweeter" virus has now infarcted outsiders.I wouldn't. We all know that JBL loudspeakers such as the L Series, Ti Series and XPL Series are nothing more than glorified firewood.

This post should take about 30 minutes to go to Google. :rotfl:

MikeBrewster77
05-27-2009, 07:21 AM
I suspect they are prison inmates who have done something stellar while incarcerated to earn a little Internet time.

Well, actually, I was granted 30 minutes a day on the internet since I snitched on my cell mate Marcello for planning a gang attack. But gotta go now - I have to get back to sharpening the shank I made out of parts from titanium tweeters cause snitches don’t do so well here. Great advice on the 035ti's guys!

Titanium Dome
05-27-2009, 07:38 AM
We all know that JBL loudspeakers such as the L Series, Ti Series and XPL Series are nothing more than glorified firewood.

:rotfl:

Dammit! That's the heart of my JBL collection. :bash:
L3, L5, L7
240Ti (2 pairs)
XPL160, XPL200

Its value just went from $700 to zero.

hjames
05-27-2009, 07:41 AM
L3, L5, L7
240Ti (2 pairs)
XPL160, XPL200

Its value just went from $700 to zero.

Not ZERO - it can keep you WARM -
that's GOT to be worth something!
:applaud:

4313B
05-27-2009, 07:55 AM
Well, actually, I was granted 30 minutes a day on the internet since I snitched on my cell mate Marcello for planning a gang attack. But gotta go now - I have to get back to sharpening the shank I made out of parts from titanium tweeters cause snitches don’t do so well here. Great advice on the 035ti's guys! :thmbsup:
L3, L5, L7
240Ti (2 pairs)
XPL160, XPL200

Its value just went from $700 to zero.Oops! My bad... :uhmmmm:

You know... maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to link to other threads where these tweeters are so vehemently maligned so that people coming in on a Google search might have a better chance of understanding what all the laughter is about. :hmm:

Naw, nevermind! :rotfl:

BMWCCA
05-27-2009, 08:17 AM
This post should take about 30 minutes to go to Google. Been over an hour already and Google won't hit it, yet. You must be losing your touch!

;)

4313B
05-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Been over an hour already and Google won't hit it, yet. You must be losing your touch!

;)Prolly didn't use enough cuss words. :p

Robh3606
05-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Extra specially big phase distortion generators. Use these so you have a extra big shank.

Maybe we should just say ribbed like your favorite condom or add words like Trojan or Sex. That should get a google hit

Rob:)

evans224
05-27-2009, 11:09 AM
phase distortion generators...
I was wondering whatever became of that thread. Dude was hallucinating...but I'm glad to see everyone got a kick out of it!