PDA

View Full Version : A handful of components...

mpremise
05-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, but have read quite a few posts and have made myself familiar with most of it. I am interested in some feedback from you guys. I recently acquired a bunch of JBL stuff, and would like to hear from some experts, the best use for them, from here. These all came from a university's recording studios, and rehearsal rooms. I'd like to build something, maybe a cabinet, to use them. Here is what I have, and the info I have. Please let me know if there are any questions...

Woofers

2x 2215 (These have frozen, and I assume must be blown, need to be reconed, etc...)
1x 2231A (Measures at 8ohms)

Drivers

2x 2420 (These are labeled on the back as 16ohms, but both meter around 8ohms. These came 2307 horns attached and 2308 diffusers.)
1x 2440 (Once again labeled as 16ohm, measure around 8ohm. A 2311 Horn is attached)

1x 2405 Slot Tweeter (Once again, labeled as 16ohm, measures 8ohm)

I don't know if an 8ohm measurement is normal with these, or if the facility had changed the diaphragms had been changed to an 8ohm model, if that's even possible.

Crossovers

2x 3110
1x 3107

These both seem to be in working order.

Now, I guess I'm looking for suggestions, a project I could make with these components, or some better use. I'd love to know.

Thanks for looking guys, I hope to learn a lot around here.

mpremise.