PDA

View Full Version : JBL 4410A's

sab
04-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has any information regarding the JBL 4410A crossover. i.e. Crossover Scheme etc...

I'm looking to rebuild the crossover.

Thanks.

SMKSoundPro
04-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Dear Sab,

Here is the link to the schematic in the forum. I have a hard time remembering where they are, but found them for you.

Link: http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Network%20Schematics/4410A-RL%20Network.pdf

Also: http://www.jblpro.com/pub/recording/4400.pdf

Write more to ask for help and advice!

Scotty.

sab
04-29-2009, 08:45 AM
That helped.

Do you have anymore information regarding what parts I should replace. I use these speakers specifically and only for mixing my music in my studio. The reason that I want to update the x-overs is that I want to ensure that the speakers are performing to there maximum.

They are very important to me.

Thanks for your help in advance.

robertbartsch
04-29-2009, 09:23 AM
...most folks update x-overs by swapping in (1) new capacitors (caps) that often leak and change their values with age, and (2) attenuators (volume controls) . ...apparently, most of the other components like resistors and chokes don't change with age, however...

SMKSoundPro
04-29-2009, 03:42 PM
I personally do not know of any "age related failures" in any of the caps in these xovers.

I am sure that other high end caps can be swapped for the OEMs, but I have not done that.

I have the L110's that needed some l-pad work, but I did not change anything else. I come from the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" camp. Although I understand your desire to make these 4410's as good as can be.

Hopefully, others will chime in and advise you more correctly than I.

Good luck!

Scotty.

sab
04-30-2009, 05:48 AM
I spoke with support last night and they mentioned the same thing. The crossovers were built well and there really isn't a need to replace anything on them unless it isn't working.

I'm going to leave them as is until I need to do something.

Thanks for your help.