PDA

View Full Version : Summit Project.

richluvsound
04-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Hi all ,

I have some summits sitting here in desperate need of help. Can anyone point me to drawings of the grills

TIA, Rich

grumpy
04-23-2009, 08:26 AM
might talk to mbottz:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19477&highlight=L300+grille

Andyoz
04-23-2009, 08:54 AM
How bad are they..pictures?

richluvsound
04-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks grumps,

Andy,

I'll get the thread moved and then start a thread. I'm not the owner, just the surgeon timber . He will introduce himself with a full history of his little darlings. I'll post pics later on in the new thread. They still have the original wax on the driver. ;)

Rich

hugemc
04-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi Folks,

I am the owner of said speakers, they have great history, which I shall post in detail when I get more time.

A quick summary, is I aquired them about 20 yrs ago, sat in living room as those big speakers, surrounds on woofers disintergrated about 12 yrs ago. Since them they've been stored in the garage. Wife nearly threw them out about 10 yrs ago, I said "Ah sure we may as well keep them!" About 5 years ago found out what they actually are ( through this forum I might add) and was so happy that they did not end up in a skip.

Found Rich ( lovely guy!) through this forum, for I was interested in his 4345s, however when I showed pics of the l300s he convinced me I should stick with the l300s and give them what they deserved, a bit of TLC.

In the meantime I thought you may appreciate some pictures of the fellas. They look worse in the pics then in real life, believe me!.

Best

John

Andyoz
04-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Was your house hit by a flood or something...Rich always did like a challenge :blink:

Welcome.

hugemc
04-23-2009, 12:55 PM
The damage was done before I got them. Apart from the pic of the one really bad side, the other three are not to bad. Rich's opinion may differ on this :)

Br

John

louped garouv
04-23-2009, 01:43 PM
looks like that sticker may be an old Mute records logo sticker...

here's another version from roughly the same time...

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0012/0274/brand.gif

(i think Mute is london based)

Doc Mark
04-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Hello, John,

WOW! You've got some work ahead of you, Mate. But, rest assured, Rich was dead on the money, when he advised you to keep those Summit/L300's! I have lusted for a pair of them for 40 years, and when I finally scored a very nice pair, last year, I've been in heaven ever since!! I love them even more than when I first heard them, all those years ago! What's neat is that my wife loves them, too. I was originally planning to experiment with a 4 or even 5-way JBL design, all electronically crossed over, and I may still do that, sometime. But, after we got the L300's, we've been so very pleased with their sound, dynamic range, and looks, that I'm far less motivated to get moving on the other experimentation. We are planning to add a subwoofer, but in truth, the L300's sound just fine, exactly as they are, with no sub really needed, for most things. So, go for it, my Friend, and I have a feeling that, after all the dust has settled, and you have listening to what you've saved, you will be VERY glad that you did!! A tip 'o the hat to JBL Brother Rich, for helping you undertake this task. I've never had the pleasure to have met him, but those who have, speak very highly of him. Good on ya', Rich! Have fun, the both of you, and best of luck on your rehab of those neat old Summits!! Keeps us posted as to your progress, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc (very happy owner of his own L300's!)

hugemc
04-24-2009, 01:43 AM
It is indeed a Mute records sticker, I worked there for 20 years ( great company, Daniel Miller is a top man), the sticker on the speaker has "Mutee" on it, most likely it's from some party or backstage thingy I attended.

looks like that sticker may be an old Mute records logo sticker...

here's another version from roughly the same time...

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0012/0274/brand.gif

(i think Mute is london based)

hugemc
04-24-2009, 01:51 AM
Hi Doc,

Thanks for the post, if I was not already convinced about their potential, you would certainly have persuaded me to change my mind. The comments from Rich were along the same lines.... " John, you will never regret bringing those fellas back to their former glory!".
I eagerly anticipate their completion, shall take a while, however with them having sat in the garage for donkey's years, I am willing to wait.

Br

John

Hello, John,

WOW! You've got some work ahead of you, Mate. But, rest assured, Rich was dead on the money, when he advised you to keep those Summit/L300's! I have lusted for a pair of them for 40 years, and when I finally scored a very nice pair, last year, I've been in heaven ever since!! I love them even more than when I first heard them, all those years ago! What's neat is that my wife loves them, too. I was originally planning to experiment with a 4 or even 5-way JBL design, all electronically crossed over, and I may still do that, sometime. But, after we got the L300's, we've been so very pleased with their sound, dynamic range, and looks, that I'm far less motivated to get moving on the other experimentation. We are planning to add a subwoofer, but in truth, the L300's sound just fine, exactly as they are, with no sub really needed, for most things. So, go for it, my Friend, and I have a feeling that, after all the dust has settled, and you have listening to what you've saved, you will be VERY glad that you did!! A tip 'o the hat to JBL Brother Rich, for helping you undertake this task. I've never had the pleasure to have met him, but those who have, speak very highly of him. Good on ya', Rich! Have fun, the both of you, and best of luck on your rehab of those neat old Summits!! Keeps us posted as to your progress, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc (very happy owner of his own L300's!)

richluvsound
04-24-2009, 02:31 AM
its nice to be back with a nice little project

Thanks for the kind words everyone

I want just to thank John and Kim for the chance to work on these puppies.

I would have taken them part X on the 45's .:D

Did anyone see that thread with the replica 2308's ?

The woofs are on the way to Guido today- check the gauss and recone with 2235 Kit .

I'll post serial numbers and pics of components over the weekend

Rich

macaroonie
04-24-2009, 02:36 AM
If you saw the state of the 4333's that Rich rescued you would realise that your job is a breeze for the lanky fella. He has given you good advice.
My little bit of help for what its worth , when it comes to the glass for the tops have your glass supplier cut the pieces from 10mm , the top edges are 12mm and a thin felt pad under makes up the difference.
Mine cost 40 quid and the solidity is tasty. The originals were 6mm glass with a card and foam packer underneath that eventually settled down leaving the top edges proud.
As you are getting a re veneer have you any thoughts on fancy woods. The world is your acorn ----

Best wishes mac

richluvsound
04-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Mac ,

I have maddagascan and santos rose wood. Walnut was talked about though.

Maybe John can google Vale Veneers so both him and Kim can have a look at the vast choice .

Thanks for the glass tip .

Rich

macaroonie
04-25-2009, 06:10 AM
:) Note that the top of the grille is flat and in line with the top. Re the conversation about the round over note the fault line at the veneer transition.
I think the depth of the grille is 3" Note the glass has settled as we discussed.

macaroonie
04-25-2009, 06:53 AM
http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18901&highlight=l300+grille

post 2

richluvsound
04-28-2009, 04:36 AM
I'll just have another cup of tea and post progress pics.
This is just one solution to the water damage issue,AMPUTATE :applaud:
Alas, no new speaker project can start without a little ritual blood letting:o:

merlin
04-28-2009, 05:41 AM
:applaud:

hjames
04-28-2009, 05:45 AM

A blood sacrifice for the new speaker??
From what I've heard, that won't qualify as the blood of an innocent?
:applaud:

richluvsound
04-28-2009, 06:02 AM
Hi Heather,

shame its mine ;)..... Anyway, Kim and John have been great.

A fine pair of Speakers when finished . They could have bought the best parts money could buy and still not had a speaker they could enjoy.

I need to find out what colour the grill badges were onthe original black grill cloth.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Rich

macaroonie
04-28-2009, 06:54 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-METAL-LOGOS-BADGES-EMBLEMS-L-100-L100-L65-JUBAL_W0QQitemZ270381034968QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVint age_Electronics_R2?hash=item270381034968&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50 :)

Titanium Dome
04-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Rich, as always a fascinating study...

Best of luck on the end product of your labours.

hjames
04-28-2009, 10:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-METAL-LOGOS-BADGES-EMBLEMS-L-100-L100-L65-JUBAL_W0QQitemZ270381034968QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVint age_Electronics_R2?hash=item270381034968&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50 :)

Or - plastic replacements, much cheaper from "Sign-shop"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250410471637

hugemc
04-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Ouch, that looks painful! Keep up the good work Dr Rich.

take care

j

Andyoz
04-28-2009, 03:08 PM
http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=38887&stc=1&d=1240917284

Rich....Is that really your finger or something else too rude for me to say :blink:

richluvsound
04-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Hi Andy,

its not my birthday ? After I got bored cutting flesh ,thereby proving the tools
sharp enough ,I started cutting wood . I cut the side panel out completely. I used a router to make a new rebate top and bottom and to clean the original vertical rebate .

Rich

macaroonie
04-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Is that all ? No pub lunch till 4 like your MP does ? Ah .... you were away getting materials... thats the story :p

richluvsound
04-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Hi John,

I got an email from Japan regarding the 2308 ( lens ) $ 149 US . If I forward you the info can you order them an have them sent to me ?

Rich

richluvsound
04-29-2009, 06:11 AM
Sanded,filled with new MDF side panel. A quick coat of primer to show up tho that smaller scratches and dings.

Fangio
04-29-2009, 06:40 AM
http://www.improvresourcecenter.com/mb/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Hugemc you're in good hands. Any decisions on the veneer already?

hugemc
04-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Hi Rich,

Pls PM me and I shall sort out.

JMc

Hi John,

I got an email from Japan regarding the 2308 ( lens ) $ 149 US . If I forward you the info can you order them an have them sent to me ?

Rich

hugemc
04-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Although in this instance it's not the correct saying, however if it ain't broke don't fix it, so think I should stay with the original veneer. Really want these fellas lookin ( and sounding) as good as they day they were born.

http://www.improvresourcecenter.com/mb/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Hugemc you're in good hands. Any decisions on the veneer already?

richluvsound
04-29-2009, 10:17 AM
I'll order it tomorrow.

Rich

Google this :applaud: jbl43freak.com. Just send him an email and tell him I sent you. He's expecting you. You can give him all the details he needs.

hjames
04-29-2009, 10:22 AM
I'll order it tomorrow.

Rich

Google this :applaud: jbl43freak.com. Just send him an email and tell him I sent you. He's expecting you. You can give him all the details he needs.

JBLs with French walnut??
how amusing ...

richluvsound
04-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi Heather ,

it sounds wrong I guess ,but American, Australian and African is too purple.
Even with time the black walnut does'nt go that beautiful honey brown colour of the original's .

Its hard to find , and more expensive. I'll post a comparison when it arrives and
you will see what I mean.

Rich

richluvsound
04-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi Heather,

This is good for reference , http://www.mcb-supplies.co.uk/wood_veneers.htm

Rich

hugemc
04-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi Rich,

Email now sent.

In South Africa at the moment on International study trip, undertook the Cape Town Township Experience trip today, very humbling indeed.

John

Rich

Google this :applaud: jbl43freak.com. Just send him an email and tell him I sent you. He's expecting you. You can give him all the details he needs.[/quote]

richluvsound
04-30-2009, 03:14 AM
veneer ordered :D

Woofers check out fine .No need for a re-mag.

Rich

Krunchy
04-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Hi Rich!
Project's looking nice, I'm sure you're having fun with it (aside from all that bloodletting). French Walnut will look quite nice on those pups, while your friend is in Africa maybe a little ebony for some JBL inlays wouldnt be a bad idea.

Is Mr. Guido re-doing/new the X-overs?
Good to see you back, hows about some more pictures when you gets a chance.

Be Well! :)

richluvsound
04-30-2009, 08:38 AM
Hi Krunchy,

it is good to be back at it . I mentioned the CC networks to John and maybe later he may choose that direction. I must admit the networks are the tired part and would be a priority for some.

Rich

Krunchy
04-30-2009, 12:41 PM
:D
I am sure John will want to address the networks as well, seeing as how you are tackling everything else.
With new Bionicus electronicuss those babies would be oh so fine to listen to & to look/drool at.

Fun Fun Fun Fun FUN! :bouncy:

hugemc
04-30-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm too far away from home at the moment to make any decisions, shall wait until I return home before deciding what to do....... I'm back in the UK on 9th May and feel a trip to see Rich will be in order. Hopefully by then the bandages should be off the little fellas, shall bring some grapes anyway to aid their recovery. Mind you, having seen the pic of Rich's finger may bring him a bunch as well.

JMc

I am sure John will want to address the networks as well, seeing as how you are tackling everything else.
With new Bionicus electronicuss those babies would be oh so fine to listen to & to look/drool at.

Fun Fun Fun Fun FUN! :bouncy:[/quote]

Krunchy
04-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi John! all in good time to be sure, but I think I can safely say (& many here would agree) that you are in for a real treat when this little projects of yours (& Rich's) is completed. Speaking of treats I think Rich is also fond of a little curry from time to time. :D ;)

If you would like to share some pictures from your current adventure feel free to do so, we all enjoy seeing distant lands. :)

richluvsound
05-01-2009, 07:23 AM
I had a long talk with Guido this morning about this project and he is of the opinion that new dia's would make more of an improvement than new crossovers. After listening to his reasoning I see the light and have to agree with him.

hugemc
05-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Some pics of Cape Town, a city of contrasts as you can see from the pics. BTW I'm here on a study trip, I'm sure that's obvious from the pics.:)

If you would like to share some pictures from your current adventure feel free to do so, we all enjoy seeing distant lands. :)[/quote]

05-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Some pics of Cape Town, a city of contrasts as you can see from the pics. BTW I'm here on a study trip, I'm sure that's obvious from the pics.:)

If you would like to share some pictures from your current adventure feel free to do so, we all enjoy seeing distant lands. :)[/quote]

While not current, this is also from a study trip...:D

Turns out there is a long history of French Oak in England, the following pics are from The Royal War Museum @ Portsmouth, home of several famous ships.

The second pic shows the only sign in the entire museum that was bi-lingual... Apparently the decking everyone walks on in this section was made from captured vessels...

cooky1257
05-01-2009, 10:49 AM
The second pic shows the only sign in the entire museum that was bi-lingual... Apparently the decking everyone walks on in this section was made from captured vessels...[/QUOTE]

That'll be our Brit sense of humour- never miss an opportunity to stick one up the french IMO ;-)

richluvsound
05-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Never mind ! its a long story. Things seem to be getting back to normal:)

richluvsound
05-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Hi,

I hope every forum member is having weather like we are here in London.

Can anyone tell me the depth of the stand on the summit please ?

Rick.

MAC DONT POST THE CUTTER . ALL SORTED THANKS MATE !

pioneer
05-02-2009, 06:57 AM
I have 0ne inch to the front edge...two inches on the side measuring from the outside of the curve straight down then in...flush on the rear with the back edge

richluvsound
05-02-2009, 07:06 AM
thanks ,but ......

sorry , I meant the distance between the floor and the under side of cabinet.

Rich

pioneer
05-02-2009, 07:09 AM
two inches from floor to underside

richluvsound
05-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Big thanks , Now I have no reason to sit here and drink tea !
:(

pioneer
05-02-2009, 07:46 AM
same thoughts on my part as I have to motivate myself today to make a pair of 4343 grills.. got the stock now I just have to do it!!!

richluvsound
05-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Grill Yuks, I have 3 pairs to make .

hugemc
05-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Still no reply and I note on the site mentioned below that they're sold out

Pls advise

Jmc

Rich

Google this :applaud: jbl43freak.com. Just send him an email and tell him I sent you. He's expecting you. You can give him all the details he needs.[/quote][/quote]

richluvsound
05-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Got them ready for veneer today. I sealed the inside with varnish -new damping at the last minute . Routed new corner detail and installed filler strip for the glass.

Next week I'm making a spitfire for some BBC thing.
should be fun. Needless to say, I'll not have much time to work on this project.

Rich

richluvsound
05-02-2009, 11:07 AM
No worries. I think I understand whats going on now.
GET BACK TO THE BEACH. :applaud:

Still no reply and I note on the site mentioned
below that they're sold out

Pls advise

Jmc

Rich

Google this :applaud: jbl43freak.com. Just send him an email and tell him I sent you. He's expecting you. You can give him all the details he needs.[/quote][/quote]

hugemc
05-02-2009, 03:18 PM
[quote=richluvsound;249851]No worries. I think I understand whats going on now.

Back to the beach... what beach?... study visit entailed a lot of late nights and early mornings, needless to say some alcohol was consumed, some nights a little and some a lot....err more the latter than the former. Study is now over, Kym arrived this morning and we now have a weeks holiday.

Earl K
05-02-2009, 04:05 PM
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=39015&stc=1&d=1241286580

Great stuff Rich ! It's really great to see you restoring those beaters back into the works of art that they were . The "Summit" is such a classy box :)

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=38768&stc=1&d=1240511349

OUCH ! Those were sure Rough !

French Walnut.
I'll order it tomorrow.

Hi Heather ,

it sounds wrong I guess ,but American, Australian and African is too purple.
Even with time the black walnut does'nt go that beautiful honey brown colour of the original's .

Its hard to find , and more expensive. I'll post a comparison when it arrives and
you will see what I mean.

Thanks for the lesson in veneers, I'd always assumed it was American Walnut . Nice work on that new side !

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=38916&stc=1&d=1241010555

>< cheers :)

Andyoz
05-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Rich,

You are working your usual wonders I see :).

hugemc
05-03-2009, 07:06 AM

Ok, I'll have to come clean, no beach but feeling on top of the world.

Moi on Table Mountain a few hours ago.

richluvsound
05-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Hi John,

just a teaser for you both :D

Rich

Earl K
05-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Very Nice Rich !:D

hugemc
05-18-2009, 10:49 AM
[quote=richluvsound;251900]Hi John,

Wow! They look lovely, nice to see them with some smart clothes on! Guido's just confirmed the woofs are finished. Completion is getting closer. Getting excited now! Thinking the first sounds will have to be from some vinyl, what album though, something with some awesome bass methinks.

JMc

macaroonie
05-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Looks great Rich. The roundover is pretty easy innit and IMHO looks tidier than trying to match up to the solids. Oiled up those are going to look superb. Keep the pix a comin. :applaud: PS I have some Plastic logos if you want them.

macaroonie
05-18-2009, 11:30 AM
:)

Chas
05-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Rich, they look fabulous. BTW, what are those tube amps? Are you using them to drive the tops of your 4345's?

richluvsound
05-19-2009, 05:30 AM
Hi Chas,

they have have come out pretty good , thanks.

The valves are on full range duty with Guido's passives :applaud:. One of the forum members in Europe built the amps. I have only had them a couple of weeks and so far they have done nothing but get better and better. Huge open warm sound - what more can I say without it sounding like a plug for a mate ?

Rich

macaroonie
05-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Let me know if you need 2

hugemc
05-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Let me know if you need 2

Thanks for being so kind, however I have already have a pair for Rich. The are sourced from a pair of Aquarius 109 I have in my office at home.

The 109s are next for a little tlc , some crazy person decided the original white was dated and badly painted in some strange wood colour on top of the original. However, the upside is that they've hardly been used and internals are pristine.

JMc

hugemc
05-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi John,

Rich

Sorry for being so quiet, lots of study on the cards at the mo, exams are pending.

Anyway, popped up to London on Fri and dropped in to see Rich. The pics do no justice to the real thing. The L300s look drop dead gorgous!

Credit where credit is due, Rich has done a fantastic job, cannot wait until they're finished. Grill will be black (wife's instruction) and smoked glass is on order.

Here's a pic which made me smile.

JMc

richluvsound
05-30-2009, 05:13 AM
John,

well, I'm in heaven and next door are in hell. They love a little helper action from the 4345's F%$^&)_(*) loud and clear boyo !!! in WALES

Rich

midlife
05-30-2009, 06:30 AM
Very nice restoration! :applaud: which amp will you be using?

macaroonie
05-30-2009, 07:31 AM
The woofs will take a while to loosen up , but you knew that didn't you.
Look great Rich nice job as usual. How are the grilles coming ?

richluvsound
05-30-2009, 07:49 AM
Mac,

I'll start the grills Monday. I want to assemble the other L300 today and have tomorrow off :D

I was talking to Saeman about grill construction . I will post some pics of the grill build .

BTW thanks, Rich

hugemc
05-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Wow!!!!

They look fantastic:applaud:. With exams on Wed, I'm unable to get up to see them until end of the next week. Can't wait!

Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing the grills.

JMc

richluvsound
06-16-2009, 12:37 AM
For Mac,

I'm gonna charge ka-zillions next time I make a pair of these. Better still ! once is enough:D

rich

BMWCCA
06-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Wow! :applaud:

Your talent, care, workmanship, and skill is quite evident and impressive. Nice work!

Thanks for sharing.

macaroonie
06-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Nifty !!!! :D

hugemc
06-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Finally had the opportunity to visit Rich last Friday to catch up on the L300 project. They look fantastic, veneer is getting darker and darker by the day. However this paled into insignificance when we played some music. Brought some “tunes” along for reference and they l300s literally took my breath away, sounded better than I ever could have imagined.
Well an hour and a half later of sonic bliss, Rich suggested powering up the 4345s with the l300s. Words fail me, been a long time since I’ve heard such a LARGE sound, literally a wall of sound!!
Birthday is on the way in August and wife has promised to get me a new amp for the little beauties.
Best
JMc

macaroonie
06-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Rich we need some ' beauty' pictures of these once they are complete. :)

richluvsound
06-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Rich we need some ' beauty' pictures of these once they are complete. :)

thanks for your support and input Mr Mac,

hugemc
07-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Rich has finished the grills and they look real good. Spent most of the yesteday with him talking amps and stuff, such a wealth of knowledge. He has many suggestions and I now feel that soon ( very soon) I may be in position to make a decision.

Oh, and have just acquired a nice 2245h, in immaculate condition but needs a new surround. Rich and I discussed "how low do you wanna go".... Hmm more on this later.

In the meantime here's two pictures, which are not brilliantly taken, but do show how the Summits are looking. FYI JBL badge now replaced with black one.

macaroonie
07-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Whose are those then ? I know a lot of diehards sneer at those but as ever in the right room they are a lot of fun and a HUGE WAF. I never tried them with a sub but I bet that that could be made to work well. I take it Rich titivated those also. Whats wrong with purple , white is sooooo 60's :p

hugemc
07-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Whose are those then ? I know a lot of diehards sneer at those but as ever in the right room they are a lot of fun and a HUGE WAF. I never tried them with a sub but I bet that that could be made to work well. I take it Rich titivated those also. Whats wrong with purple , white is sooooo 60's :p

A pair of S109 Aquarius, if you look back at one of the earlier pics there's one photo with them in the background sporting their "original paintwork".

In white, and in the flesh, they look stunning and I agree a huge WAF. Rich is still working on them, the le8ts need new foam surrounds. The sub will work with the Summits, the Aq's are for the breakfast room, which is of course white. If I had gone purple the mother in law would love me forever, her favourite colour being purple of course. She once painted most of the outside of their house that very colour.... but that's another story:)

pos
07-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Glad to see your deal with Rich went nicely.
I wish it was the same for me.

merlin
08-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Glad to see your deal with Rich went nicely.
I wish it was the same for me.

Too right.

+1 :mad: