PDA

View Full Version : My secret life

indycraft
04-22-2009, 11:47 AM
I worked on 2nd and 3rd shift for 8 years. I no longer work nights so this year I have made it a point to watch American Idol. There........I said it.

It has been quite fascinating for me to watch. The judges....the performances.......the stories.....the production itself. Here is where my wife rolls her eyes.

The performer I like the best is Allison Iraheta. She has a powerful voice and she uses it. Many are critical of her enunciation or lack thereof. What do I care? I like Joe Cocker and Bruce Springteen.

Anyway.....if anyone is still reading........last night was disco.
Allison performed Hot Stuff. I practically walked out of the room when they announced it. However the music started and I stopped dead in my tracks.
This could not be Hot Stuff.

Well it was. The arrangement was slower than the original, laden with guitar riffs and Allison's vocal was taylor made for me. I think I would have been frightened :spchless: if I would have been one of the young people in the pit....to be so close to something that raw and powerful. This is from someone who crashed a gate (at one point we had to hang onto the door handles to keep from being swept away by the onrushing crowd) at a Sly and the Family Stone concert with 100 other people in little ole Ames Iowa.

Anyway .....that is my secret life. I hope some will find this amusing or even find a new artist to like.

Save the Rocker......save the season. If anything like that is possible.
Indy

JBLRaiser
04-22-2009, 07:55 PM
she's only 16 y.o. She is a favorite of mine too, along with Adam. :duck:

Tom Brennan
04-24-2009, 02:14 PM
I think Allison is starting to get boring, everything from her is sounding the same to me now, one trick pony. Adam always does something interesting and he "has the way" as the saying goes. I think Adam can sing anything well---can you imagine anyone else on the show singing Rogers and Hammerstein or Lerner and Lowe?

They should have showtune night; lets see who can sing "On the Street Where You Live", "Some Enchanted Evening", "Wonderful Guy" or "Maria".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMO72_TF9JY

Ooooh Mitzi