PDA

View Full Version : JBL Speaker Renovation

soundaround
04-21-2009, 09:02 AM
I have recently inherited 4 pair of vintage JBL speakers...L65s, L100s, L200s and L220Bs. In listening to the L65 and L220s last night it became apparent that one of the L65s output was not the same as the other. Then I noticed that the woofers were different. I need a primer on all of these speakers as to what is the best and most cost effective way to replace or renovate woofers, and mid-range components. I enjoyed what I heard and think these can be some very nice additions to my stereo systems if I can make sure I do the right things now

Beowulf57
04-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Give the search function a try with the model number you wish to explore, e.g., searching for L65 produced this thread among others: http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24383&highlight=l65

soundaround
04-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks---I had looked around for awhile on the site before I wrote and was simply hoping for a kind and gentle outline of how to get started. That said i think most of the speaker components are ok and that I have dirty crossover pots---I am going to try and clean them as a first step, replace them as a second step and then see what I have. I have located a couple of very good speaker renovators that specialize in JBL and if I need to start shipping off individual components I can do that too. Anyway thanks for the reply and i apologize to all of the others out there for being so open-ended on my first rookie post