PDA

View Full Version : SR4725 parts for DIY..?

JANDG
04-11-2009, 05:43 AM
I would like to do a diy project w/ the SR4725 'sI have. They have 2226H & 2426Hw/ 2370 horns. I run em with 45 SET's & all sorts of other tube amps. But think they are limited in currect stock for. I am thinking 3 way w' paper cone mids or 2-3 way with 2" CD & horn oe aka wave guide's. I would like to use existing cabs to house the 2226H' & just plug the upper horn hole. They do not need to be pretty at all. I have a music room so anything goes..maybe I should get a Ashly active analog XO unit..? for the project. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joe

robertbartsch
04-22-2009, 11:21 AM
I have a few of these model SRs and they are very good for home use right from the box.

However, I did a conversion with one set and installed the drivers into large furniture grade boxes and added 2405 slots and x-overs. Frankly, the results were somewhat mixed but I would leave them alone if I were you.

Adding a cone mid driver is a matter of choice for those who do not like compression drivers, I suppose. The mid cones are a tad rare and pricie too. In reality, the 2426 driver is very capable for the 800 - 20K F range.

In my case, the new cabs were required as a wifely consession.

JANDG
04-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks,
I will probably only try to bi-amp them as a something to try. I have alot of amps around. Maybe will try to shove XO to 800hz instead of the 1.2k it is at now, might be for not, but a fun experiment. Not a huge room so I definately don't need alot of power.
Joe