PDA

View Full Version : JBL XPL 200 Bi-amping questions

longwalker
04-10-2009, 05:44 AM
Hi, and sorry to be a bother over these speakers, but I can't find an answer to my questions here or the net, and I've done lotsa searching, and you gotta do this(bi-amping) 'cause they got the switch for it, right? Okay, here goes;
1. What crossover alternatives should I use other than the DX1, which the owners manual suggests, and I have no chance of acquiring? This being the most important question!
2. I have a Mcintosh MC2250 which I plan on using for the low end, and someone already suggested a tube amp for the high end, but I can't really spend more than $1000 on this and still stay happily married, so I would really appreciate any suggestions.
3. Thank you very much!

Robh3606
04-10-2009, 07:48 AM
There is no alternate without some work. What you would need to do is set up another active crossover with the same voltage drive as the DX-1 for that system. I got lucky and actually own one but I had to build my own cards for it. If you do a search for the DX-1 you will be able to get a copy of the Voltage Drive for that system and several others as well.

Rob:)