PDA

View Full Version : Iconic x-overs?

J R
04-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Hi, have anyone heard the aftermarket x-overs from Iconic? Are they any good? I'm thinking of DN19R-1 or DN19S-1 for model 19.

Regards
Jan Roger

doclamb
04-02-2009, 09:36 AM
I've had them in a set I owned. Read thread here Model 19 Crossover Help (http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24463) or PM me for more.

J R
04-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the link :)

John
04-04-2009, 04:54 PM
I've had them in a set I owned. Read thread here Model 19 Crossover Help (http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24463) or PM me for more.

So were your xovers Iconic's ? :blink:

I was pretty sure GPA had them produced offshore and supplied them to the guys calling themselves Iconic.:o:

doclamb
04-06-2009, 08:09 AM
"So were your xovers Iconic's ?"

Yes

"I was pretty sure GPA had them produced offshore and supplied them to the guys calling themselves Iconic"

They where built here in the US. I spoke with the gentleman from Iconic who built them on several occations. I can't comment on GPA crossovers, but when I spoke with Bill from GPA about installing aftermarket crossovers in my 19's his response was "why?"

John
04-06-2009, 05:10 PM
"So were your xovers Iconic's ?"

Yes

"I was pretty sure GPA had them produced offshore and supplied them to the guys calling themselves Iconic"

They where built here in the US. I spoke with the gentleman from Iconic who built them on several occations. I can't comment on GPA crossovers, but when I spoke with Bill from GPA about installing aftermarket crossovers in my 19's his response was "why?"

Well Iconic kept saying they were "Super Model 19 xovers" and if you loved your 19,s you needed to upgrade them to the new "Super 19 Xovers" :biting:

doclamb
04-07-2009, 10:01 AM
"Well Iconic kept saying they were "Super Model 19 xovers" and if you loved your 19,s you needed to upgrade them to the new "Super 19 Xovers"

Just my experience with them other may feel differently. Put 10 people in a room with audio system and 5 will walk out after the first cut, those that remain will stand up and applaud. YMMV.