PDA

View Full Version : Sovereign S8R cabinet dimensions

gmcinnes
03-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Good morning 'ALL' (Greetings from 'DownUnder')

This is my very first post so please excuse me if I make some mistakes!!!!
I have what I think is a simple question - I would like to know what the measurements are for an JBL Sovereign S8R Please.....

I ask this because I have painstakingly bought thru ebay over the last 18 months all the pieces to make this system that I havent even heard heard yet which seems a little ridiculous but HEY I just loved the design and cabinets so thought I would give it a go, I have asked a number of people on ebay who are selling these speakers complete but I never get an answer back so thought now I will 'come to the mountain and not the hills', so to speak.

If someone can guide me in the right direction this would be very much appreciated also I have seen the drawing of the baffle on this site but that doesnt give you details of how much the baffle is slanted back etc etc so I suppose there will be a few details other than Height Width and depth.

I hope you guys can help me and any further info on updates would also be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards
Garry McInnes
:)

MikeBrewster77
03-31-2009, 10:09 AM
Welcome!

Dimensions per the advertising literature are: 26 1/2" X 38 3/4" X 19 1/2" or 67 X 98 X 50 cm. This link might prove useful for you:

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/specs/home-speakers/1973-c50-c60.htm

Beyond that, perhaps some others here can help with slant angles, etc.

Best of luck,
- Mike

Good morning 'ALL' (Greetings from 'DownUnder')

This is my very first post so please excuse me if I make some mistakes!!!!
I have what I think is a simple question - I would like to know what the measurements are for an JBL Sovereign S8R Please.....

I ask this because I have painstakingly bought thru ebay over the last 18 months all the pieces to make this system that I havent even heard heard yet which seems a little ridiculous but HEY I just loved the design and cabinets so thought I would give it a go, I have asked a number of people on ebay who are selling these speakers complete but I never get an answer back so thought now I will 'come to the mountain and not the hills', so to speak.

If someone can guide me in the right direction this would be very much appreciated also I have seen the drawing of the baffle on this site but that doesnt give you details of how much the baffle is slanted back etc etc so I suppose there will be a few details other than Height Width and depth.

I hope you guys can help me and any further info on updates would also be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards
Garry McInnes
:)

gmcinnes
04-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Thankyou for your reply Mike, yes I had seen those dimensions on this site but as you can appreciate where did the y take these from the top panel? etc what I was hoping for is if someone who has a pair could just give me the 'actual' dimensions of either the baffle or the back panel bearing in mind that the back panel is recessed into the cabinet, this was the type of detail I would like to try and obtain, failing all this I might just try and get a cabinet to Australia and go from there, do you know anyone that may have one for sale?, however the dimensions do seem a cheaper alternative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thankyou once again Mike I will wait and see if I raise anyones interest enough to help me out.

Cheers
Garry
And you might like to know, we are not 'ALL LIKE KEVIN (FUDD) RUDD!...