PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on the NAD C272

No-klipp54
03-25-2009, 09:12 AM
pro's and cons would appreciate the ohnesty!Thanks!

chilledspode
04-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Never listened to the C272 but I have the C370 which has most of the same guts as the 272 and it is a very nice amp. I expect you would be pleased with it.

There are a number of reviews on NAD's own website

By the way this might have been better off in the consumer amp section...

Cheers

Mark

TonyM
04-12-2009, 07:37 PM
I have a C372 which should be the same power amp section. I use it to drive a pair of JBL 4430 monitors and another pair of Altec 19 speakers off of the other ouput (not at the same time). It has more than enough power to fill a medium size room (18x20). The Soft Clip function is selectable but unless you're running really inefficient speakers outdoors the amp will never need it. It sounded much better than I expected which is to say it just plays music with nothing added or subtracted. It's a good match for the JBLs.

The only negative I have for the power amp is that occasionally the transformer in mine will take to buzzing. Normally I won't notice it until I walk up to it to turn it off. I've had other gear do that and I've read that it might have something to do with a DC offset in the AC line. The lack of symetry can cause the core to buzz. Some toroids might be more sensitive than others. The speaker outs are absolutely silent. It's just a slight mechanical noise every once in awhile.

Other than that it should work fine.

Tony