PDA

View Full Version : Sunken cone?

MikeCinci
03-22-2009, 11:02 AM
I have a pair of 2214h that I am refoaming. I have removed the old foam, and all is well... except that the spider on one is sunk downward and doesn't have as much bounce like the other. Is this common? I know they are older... but do I need to do something else?
I dont want to have the spider blues :-(

Mike

timc
03-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I have a pair of 2214h that I am refoaming. I have removed the old foam, and all is well... except that the spider on one is sunk downward and doesn't have as much bounce like the other. Is this common? I know they are older... but do I need to do something else?

Mike

Sounds like you need a full recone. Maybe you can buy loose spiders, but I doubt it.

-Tim

Allanvh5150
03-22-2009, 06:25 PM
It is probably worth sending Rick Cobb and email. His address should be on the site somewhere. I have purchased spiders from him before but weather or not he can help, I am not sure.

Allan.

John
03-22-2009, 08:38 PM

Mike

Well if it turns out you need to recone, I have a nos kit sitting here.

PM me if intrested.

John
03-22-2009, 08:41 PM
It is probably worth sending Rick Cobb and email. His address should be on the site somewhere. I have purchased spiders from him before but weather or not he can help, I am not sure.

Allan.

Refoam is easy for most of us but changing out a spider is a bit harder to do as well as by the time you swap out the spider and foam and dust cap well , hard to say what you will end up with.:(