PDA

View Full Version : Altec Lansing 1012

stephenred
03-20-2009, 11:53 PM
I bid on a mint looking pair of Altec Lansing 1012s on TradeMe and won them to my complete surprise- $200 NZ, about $110 US. They are arriving next week. I have never seen or heard of this model before- does anybody have any experience? I bought them off a Japanese guy who'd had them from new in the early 80s. Were they a Japanese market speaker perhaps? I already have far too many speakers, but what the heck!

100T3
08-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I bid on a mint looking pair of Altec Lansing 1012s on TradeMe and won them to my complete surprise- $200 NZ, about $110 US. They are arriving next week. I have never seen or heard of this model before- does anybody have any experience? I bought them off a Japanese guy who'd had them from new in the early 80s. Were they a Japanese market speaker perhaps? I already have far too many speakers, but what the heck!

I have the little brother : the 1010, it's a two way speaker, 10 inch woofer, cone tweeter. Some months ago I changed the coil and cone of the woofer, some overload happened (the protection circuit is only for the tweeter).

About the sound of these speakers : good bass, about the midrange and midbass I feel them pronounced, the highs are a little hard too but there's not much problem since you have a control level for the tweeter.

It works good for percussion and strings, showing details of the midbass for example.

It'll be interesting to know your opinion about the 1012 system

Here my 1010 repaired speakers :

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/karmaplayer/1010.jpg