PDA

View Full Version : L112 Binding Posts

tjrad
03-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Does anybody know a good replacement for the binding posts on the back of the L112's? The old one's are flaky and intermittent...

Thanks

BMWCCA
03-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Does anybody know a good replacement for the binding posts on the back of the L112's? The old one's are flaky and intermittent...
Most times folks are pointed toward the 5-way binding posts at Parts Express which require only a slight enlargement of existing holes. There are many from which to choose, these are the cheapest:

http://www.parts-express.com/images/item_large/091-1140_L.jpg

I'd be tempted to try the double-banana input-terminal cups from something like the L20-100T line if the existing connections aren't part of the crossover board on the L112. It would require perhaps a small bit of cutting of the rear panel but requires little precision, and gives the factory appearance of having the JBL logo cast into the plastic cup. Last time I checked they were something less than $4 from JBL Pro as the same ones are used on the 44xx series of near-field monitors. JBL part number is 66414. Parts Express sells something very similar (without the JBL logo, of course) for slightly less money.

http://www.parts-express.com/images/item_standard/260-303_s.jpg

BMWCCA
03-19-2009, 09:47 AM
I've got a number of the JBL terminal cups from my L60T speakers (and others) - I'd saved them for BMWCCA -
but he upscaled on me and didn't need them!Thanks, but not so fast!! I still have a pair each of L112s and L150A's in my holding area awaiting re-foams. I was gonna use them there! Honest! Please?? ;)

hjames
03-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks, but not so fast!! I still have a pair each of L112s and L150A's in my holding area awaiting re-foams. I was gonna use them there! Honest! Please?? ;)

Okay, okay - Ive deleted the offer - I hadn't heard from you about them since you moved the 4345 crossovers into the cabs and thought you had no need for these lesser parts -
:D

BMWCCA
03-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Okay, okay - Ive deleted the offer - I hadn't heard from you about them since you moved the 4345 crossovers into the cabs and thought you had no need for these lesser parts -
:D
I've been busy working. Still haven't performed the crossover transplant to the second 4345 but I do have a complete refurbished pair of L80Ts complete with GordonW modifications to show for my time. They take up a lot less space to work on in a small house. Putting a 4345 on its back pretty well shoots the entire room for a while. Since my wife calls our living room as it is our "front hall" you probably get the idea of what I'm up against. ;)

Out of town at the crack of dawn tomorrow, to SC, sigh! Business. Then to up-state (sort of) NY next Thursday if anyone in the Mid-Atlantic needs some help from a quasi LH pony express. I'm traveling on four-wheels (most of the time). :)