PDA

View Full Version : Introducing my 4333.

Erik10
03-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi.

I just thought I'd introduce my gear to you guys here on the forum.

I got my 4333's a couple of months ago. :D.

Last weekend I added a McIntosh MC2300 to the system.:applaud: What a great step up from my previous amp (LC Audio The End). The Mac is able to sound sweet, detailed and dynamic combined with loads of power. The only downside is the noise when the fans are running.

The preamp is up for replacement, it's a Denon DAP-5500 with DAC.

Digital source is currently a cheapo dvd-player. It might be replaced with an Oppo blu-ray player when it comes avalible.
90% of my listening is actually viewing live performances on dvd, so a dedicated cd-player is'nt of much use.

For the speakers i have in plan to replace caps/resistors in the crossovers and the internal wireing.
When i got the boxes there were no L-pads for lowering treeble/mid. I added l-pads, and the treble is lowered 7-8 db, mid is lowered 11-13 db depending on music/listening level. The previous owner must have been deaf, or using an equalizer :-):banghead:
The L-pads are having problems surviving the power from the mac, and i dont suspect they are improving sound, so I have to do something.
Either a switch so i can choose from 3-5 different levels, or l-pads of better quality.
Any of you have suggestions for this ?

Erik.