PDA

View Full Version : Daisey chaining BGW amps

SEAWOLF97
03-02-2009, 01:15 PM
the explanation is too long as to WHY, but I wud like to chain the 250D thru the 750D and free up a "main out" on the preamp.

Q: If I chain them, is it just a pass thru to the second amp ? and will the second amp function normally when the first is powered OFF ?

jcrobso
03-02-2009, 03:40 PM
If you handy with a solider iron you can make your own. John

SEAWOLF97
03-04-2009, 12:20 PM
after sorting thru all the answers here, I decided it was time to give it an old forum try, anyway hadnt done any soldering for a long time and needed to see if my hands/eyes still worked :).
..found 4 mono TRS 1/4 plugs and made up my daisychain wires...worked like a champ ,MAY even sound better and YES, the chained amp continues when the primary if OFFed.....and it free'ed up the second "main out" jacks on the APT preamp for more adventures...:bouncy:

SEAWOLF97
03-07-2009, 04:19 PM
so I free'd up the second "main out" on the preamp by chaining the 2 amps

the BGW 250d had been connected to a speaker box running the Walsh f's and the 2 M&K subs ...felt this setup (pair 4 ohm with 2 8 ohm subs) was not optimal so now hung a NAD 7140 off the open preamp outputs for the subs only (went to the "aux in" to retain tone controls) and the Walsh's are the only thing running from the 250d ...switch box back to storage.

can fine tune the subs ( I think their plate amps were getting weak) and the F's have their own amp and the 250ti's have their own ....sounds OK and the plan worked out great.