PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the MD/VA/DC are own a nice altec system?

dkalsi
02-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi All,

I am huge Klipsch fan (own Khorns, Cornwalls, Heresy, had La Scalas).
I have never heard an Altec system. I was hoping to find someone here on the forums who would be willing to audition their system for me. I am in need of new set of speakers and thought I might try some Altecs for a change - just don't know what to expect. I assume it will be a pleasant experience based on the fact that many Klipsch fanatics upgrade their system using Altec components.

Thanks
D

robertbartsch
03-02-2009, 04:02 PM
If you have visited an older movie theater you have heard Altecs. These were the industry standard in theaters for about 50 years ending in the mid eighties.

BMWCCA
03-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Didn't I see a more "colorful" reply to this question here, or was it on A-gon? Something to do with Model T and Model A? ;)

I assume it will be a pleasant experience based on the fact that many Klipsch fanatics upgrade their system using Altec components.Umm, wouldn't that make them Altec fanatics?

Sounds like putting a Buick engine in a Plymouth.

Ahh, here it is:
I'd go along with that assessment. I'd also suggest that you not go up the Klipsch food chain... the Cornwall is probably the best of their vintage stuff.

That said, if you have only ever driven a Model T, the Model A will seem pretty refined.