PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice in coil hand winding

Krischu
02-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Sorry if this is not Altec/Lansing related but maybe someone could give me an advice:

I have some Jensen V21 treble drivers (for a Leslie Horn) which had a shorted voice coil winding. I wound off the wire. It is 0.11 mm (something like .00393 in). 43 turns on a 2" coil. Measures to 14,2 Ohms DC resistance.

Anyway, provided I can get the exact diameter wire somewhere (any sources in US, Europe? - I'm from Germany and I'm already investigating sources here but american gauge is difficult to obtain here), I would like to know if there is some liquid or glue one could use to seal the wire when winding the two layers of windings.

I have to do one layer forth and the second traveling back upon the first layer and solder it to the flat wire connections.

I thought of using epoxy glue but doubt that it has the heat restistivity.

Any help welcome.

Hoerninger
02-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Moin Krischu,

from Pollin.de or Reichelt.de you can get "Kupferlackdraht" with 0,1 mm diameter The calculated resistance would be 15,6 Ohms - not bad at all.

What about "Sekundenkleber"? It can be applied very thin. Make a test coil on a bog roll (Klorolle), many turns achieve quite a force. Apply an increasing current. Look what will burn up first, the glue or the isolation.
Maybe the experts here have a better idea.

Good luck with your undertaking!

alotawatts
02-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Sekundenkleber = Lacquer ? may break up with high volume vibration......
http://bborgan.com/diaphragm-for-jensen-v21.html