PDA

View Full Version : Lancer 77.

Mike33
02-22-2009, 07:04 AM
I have a pair of Lancer 77s in real nice condition but the surrounds are hard.
These appear to be the late version (1971).
Due to the fact i have not been able to hear them properly with the hard surrounds, are they worthy of putting money into them by replacing the surrounds?
They seem to be a solid construction and look like they may have some promise to them!

I have tried to sell them as is, but not too much interest.

Thanks in advance.:)

Mike33
02-22-2009, 05:00 PM
TTT.

hjames
02-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Don't know what kind of budget you had in mind, or what your ultimate end plans are for them. If you plan to keep them and really like the look of them, you might be willing to drop more money on them than if you just want to get them working, play them a bit and sell them.

Gee, that sounds like the same logic for fixing up an old car - heh!

Nobody can make that decision for ya ...

I have a pair of Lancer 77s in real nice condition - are they worthy of putting money into them by replacing the surrounds?
I have tried to sell them as is, but not too much interest.

Thanks in advance.:)

speakerdave
02-22-2009, 05:27 PM
You can do the surrounds yourself for about $30, or have them done for about $100. Nourish the veneers, make them look nice, $12-15. This will take you some time.

Ready to go they'll get you about $250, MAYBE.

If you are trying to flip them, this is not big business, so unless you want to use them yourself, why not pass them on for whatever someone will pay?

SEAWOLF97
02-22-2009, 05:55 PM
I was in the same boat with a pair of L77's a month ago ...if I put 4 surrounds on , worked on the veneer and made them 100 percent - they would be early 70's L77s....be that good or bad...not collectible or even great sounding.

Too many more worthy projects screaming for my time , in fully restored condition they are mebbe $150-200 in my market , took $110 "as-is" for them from somebody who needed a project and had time.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=238522&postcount=143

Zilch
02-23-2009, 01:53 PM
I have posted a Fostex tweeter and crossover upgrade on another forum.

Somebody here will have to work up a JBL one.

052Ti, maybe? Will it fit?

[I've never even seen one.... :dont-know ]

Mike33
02-25-2009, 04:43 AM
why not pass them on for whatever someone will pay?

I think this is what i well do, i have 5 pairs of speakers here already.
Anyone interested in them?

Thanks for the reply's.