PDA

View Full Version : difference between jbl and jblpro

adeel
02-20-2009, 11:07 PM
well i am plaining to purchase jbl loudspeakers but i don't know what i should purchase in my country only jblpro distributor is available not for jbl i want to know what is difference between jbl and jblpro. if i want to use jblpro in my home which series is best for home or jblpro can't be used in homes . thanks

Mr. Widget
02-20-2009, 11:24 PM
JBL Pro makes professional speakers for a variety of applications: http://jblpro.com/

If you must buy JBL Pro... take a look at the LSR Series. Many Forum members have various models of them and enjoy them in their homes.

JBL Consumer makes speakers for people's homes. The available product varies from one country to another based on Harman International's various distributors and agents: http://www.jbl.com/

Some of the systems share components or subassemblies, and they are all engineered in the same facility where JBL has been for the past several decades.

BTW: Are you in Pakistan?

Widget

adeel
02-20-2009, 11:56 PM
JBL Pro makes professional speakers for a variety of applications: http://jblpro.com/

If you must buy JBL Pro... take a look at the LSR Series. Many Forum members have various models of them and enjoy them in their homes.

JBL Consumer makes speakers for people's homes. The available product varies from one country to another based on Harman International's various distributors and agents: http://www.jbl.com/

Some of the systems share components or subassemblies, and they are all engineered in the same facility where JBL has been for the past several decades.

BTW: Are you in Pakistan?

Widget
yes and the series availale here are only JRX, EON & PRX so what u suggest which one is best and i want to know jbl is better or jblpro.??

Mr. Widget
02-21-2009, 01:03 AM
yes and the series availale here are only JRX, EON & PRX so what u suggest which one is best and i want to know jbl is better or jblpro.??If you want to listen to music at home and all you can get are those three lines??? I'd buy a brand other than JBL. If you want to do DJ work or you just want loud and aren't after super accuracy, detail resolution, or imaging... things that are important in a Studio Monitor or to fulfill most people's expectations of better speakers, then go ahead and pick the one that fits your budget.

JBL home speakers are generally better suited for home use... that's what they are designed for, however if you can't get them the point is moot.

Widget

robertbartsch
02-24-2009, 11:51 AM
I have several versions of vintage home JBLs, vintage JBL studio monitors and pro models including the JBL - LSR series.

Frankly, the pro versions just kick ass and they can be had for reasonable amounts. I like the versions that carry 15" 2226 woofers and 2426 - 1" compression drivers and horns.

If you have ever been in a quality movie house you have listened to JBL pro equipment.

Pro versions of JBL systems can be purchased complete in cinema/DJ boxes or you can just buy the woofers, compression drivers, horns and crossovers separate and have custom wood cabinets built to your specification.

hjames
02-24-2009, 05:07 PM
... and the series available here are only JRX, EON & PRX so what u suggest which one is best and i want to know jbl is better or jblpro.??

I have several versions of vintage home JBLs, vintage JBL studio monitors and pro models including the JBL - LSR series.

Frankly, the pro versions just kick ass and :blah: :blah:

So which Pro models do you have that he mentioned?
Do you have JRX, EON or PRX, and which do you suggest is best?

Because he is in jhang, and he said not ALL JBL pro models were available there,
he said he could get only those three lines ...

Guns
02-25-2009, 12:29 AM
yes and the series availale here are only JRX, EON & PRX so what u suggest which one is best and i want to know jbl is better or jblpro.??

Since he is a distributor of JBL pro ask him if he can import the model which you are looking for may be he may take some advance, on the other hand also try to import from (India) Delhi you can take the address from the JBLPRO website or you can ask your distributor to import from Indian distributor.