PDA

View Full Version : 250ti vs 250i le...?

roy55
02-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Well I have seen a few listed local and its time to snag a pair. Question.... whats the difference between the 250ti and the 250ti le. I know the piano black verses teak, 035tia verses 044ti and xover changes, Is the 250ti le a upgrade musically?

rdgrimes
02-19-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure there's anyone here that has actually compared both models side by side. But odds are high that both will sound completely awesome and there shouldn't be enough difference to warrant concern. The LE is a rare bird, and may have added value.

opimax
02-19-2009, 02:52 PM
you can search and find lots of info, the consesus I believe is the original TI is maybe the best but not having heard the dfferences myself I don't know by how much. It was suppose to be the better made XO. And the 44 is supppose to be be a better tweeter but it was very costly for the sound improvement although older. Some might dissagree on this

I would think price, availability, tranportation, and over all condition would be more of an issue when shopping :blink:

Do you like piano black or woods for finish?

Mark

rdgrimes
02-19-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm still waiting to find out if the piano black finish has teak hiding underneath.

roy55
02-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks, I found lots of info. I think I will be happy with either. Aesthetically teak or piano black will be just fine. Something about painting beautiful teak wood black doesn't sound right?

rdgrimes
02-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Something about painting beautiful teak wood black doesn't sound right?
I've always had it in my mind that they simply took the "factory seconds" cabs that needed filler or plugs in the veneer and painted them. There was a pair a while back on the bay that was beat to sh*t and had a lot of paint scraped off, it sure looked like veneer under there but was impossible to tell for sure.
I'll go for the beer any time someone wants to try stripping an LE cab. ;)