PDA

View Full Version : LE5-9 parameters?

Immanuel
02-19-2009, 04:19 AM
Hi there

Does anyone have the parameters for the LE5-9. I have only found the parameters for the LE5-10 so far.

ratitifb
02-19-2009, 05:10 AM
LE5-9 (silver frame) = LE5-11 (black frame)

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5706&highlight=LE5+matrix

Hope this helps ;)

Immanuel
02-19-2009, 05:34 AM
LE5-9 (silver frame) = LE5-11 (black frame)

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5706&highlight=LE5+matrix

Hope this helps ;)
Hi, and thanks for replying :)
I had found that piece through searching. I was hoping to get a bit more than fs and re.

Earl K
02-19-2009, 05:59 AM
Hi Immanuel

- Since you have already discovered Techbots' excellent page giving an overview on the le5 variants / I trust you realize ( from reading the info ) that the le5-9 model will have the same TS parameters as the 2105H .

- Download JBLs' official list of TS parameters, ( the link is ) found within Techbots' "LINKS" (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10656) page. The file has TS parameters for the le5-10 and the 2105H .

<> cheers

Immanuel
02-19-2009, 06:14 AM
Since you have already discovered Techbots' excellent page giving an overview on the le5 variants / I trust you realize ( from reading the info ) that the le5-9 model will have the same TS parameters as the 2105H .
Hi and thanks for chiming in too :)
I didn't get, that they where the same (though they are mentioned together).

- Download JBLs' official list of TS parameters, ( the link is ) found within Techbots' "LINKS" (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10656) page. The file has TS parameters for the le5-10 and the 2105H .
There is something fishy about all these parameters.

In Techbot's post, the LE5-10 has fs a of 160hz, and the 2105H has a fs of 225.
In JBLs T/S pdf, the LE5-10 has a fs of 250, and the 2105H has fs 200.

Can someone enlighten me?

4313B
02-19-2009, 06:22 AM
Can someone enlighten me?No problem. As many have mentioned many times before, unfortunately the DIY person has to measure the parameters of his or her own specific transducers, especially the legacy transducers.

Specifically with respect to the documents from JBL - they all came with the caveat - "None of these are much good to anyone since they will have to take their own measurements for their own application.".

Add in that JBL has had numerous cone kit vendors over the years...

Add in that JBL has done away with the C8RLE59 recone kit...

And yes, at one time the 2105H and LE5-9 were identical in performance, the only difference was cosmetic.

Immanuel
02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
No problem. As many have mentioned many times before, unfortunately the DIY person has to measure the parameters of his or her own specific transducers, especially the legacy transducers.

Specifically with respect to the documents from JBL - they all came with the caveat - "None of these are much good to anyone since they will have to take their own measurements for their own application.".

Add in that JBL has had numerous cone kit vendors over the years...

Add in that JBL has done away with the C8RLE59 recone kit...

And yes, at one time the 2105H and LE5-9 were identical in performance, the only difference was cosmetic.
Ah, no easy way out for a guy without measuring tools then. Thanks for the answers though. I guess, I can also expect my 128H to have changed specs, since I reedged it with a kit from speakerrepair?

I was given this pair of 4411 with original foam ... or the bits, it had left anyway :)
My idea was to build a new (sealed) box for them, kick out the x-over and do that bit in digital ... maybe add a sub later on.

rdgrimes
02-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Is the 2105H frame shiny or black? Apart from that, is it an exact replacement for an LE5-11?

duaneage
02-23-2009, 11:03 PM
My idea was to build a new (sealed) box for them, kick out the x-over and do that bit in digital ... maybe add a sub later on.
The 128H is a true vented box driver, running it in a sealed box will yield disappointing bass performance and probably cause it to over extend a bit.
You would be better off looking at other alignments, such as SBB4, and seeing what you can do with passive radiators, something like the L150 for example.