PDA

View Full Version : Janis W1 subwoofer

infinityQ2
02-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Is anybody familiar with this model. There is only one input so am I correct to assume it takes two (2) of these for a stereo application?????? :blink::blink:

Fred Sanford
02-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Is this the one that comes with the Interphase 1a crossover/amp? That had two inputs and one output.

je

infinityQ2
02-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Is this the one that comes with the Interphase 1a crossover/amp? That had two inputs and one output.

je

Hi Fred, this is Mike from Boston, L110 fanatic. Yes it is, only I don't have the original Xover/amp. I can't figure out how to apply it to my system . Right now I have it hooked up (sub out)to a Kef 30b which I used a y cable, disconnected the speaker and ran it to the janis. I think ,using hi level inputs there has to be two subs?? On a seperate note, you once responded to my thread re: L110s.
I wrote that they "side by side" equaled my L65s without ever actually putting them side by side. WELL, I just did and unbenounced to me, with all do respect, I was wrong...:blink:

Fred Sanford
02-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Hi Fred, this is Mike from Boston, L110 fanatic. Yes it is, only I don't have the original Xover/amp. I can't figure out how to apply it to my system . Right now I have it hooked up (sub out)to a Kef 30b which I used a y cable, disconnected the speaker and ran it to the janis. I think ,using hi level inputs there has to be two subs?? On a seperate note, you once responded to my thread re: L110s.
I wrote that they "side by side" equaled my L65s without ever actually putting them side by side. WELL, I just did and unbenounced to me, with all do respect, I was wrong...:blink:

That sub cabinet is simply a speaker in a box. No crossover internal at all. You'd need to do all stereo summing, crossing over, and amplifying before the cabinet. A plate amp, maybe? That might be what you're describing with the KEF model you mention, I'm not familiar with that model #.

I had the amp/x-over and cab, was never impressed with it. Sold the amp/x-over on E-Bay and ended up having to give the cab away, nobody wanted it.

L110s and L65s are pretty different (I've never owned or used L65s). Could be a personal preference thing, or location within the rooms you're testing in. I've heard good things about both, but hear the word "accurate" much more often with the L110s. Since I use them as recording monitors, they've worked very well there for me.

je