PDA

View Full Version : Who repairs Crown MX-4?

Balderdash1
02-16-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't know if this was a bad move or not, but I just bought an MX-4 for $100. The seller says the power light doesn't come on though the other
lights do power up..

boputnam
03-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Try using their website.

Crown Regional Service Centers (http://www.crownaudio.com/support/servcent.htm)

Or, give their support desk a call.

BMWCCA
03-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Heck of a deal, if you ask me.

All Crown legacy components are serviced by AE Techron. Use this link to go to the Crown service page and scroll down to the bottom of the page for the AE Techron link. Same town, same people, different corporate unbrella:

http://crownweb.crownintl.com/crownrma/

If you want local, I can vouch for the guys at ProTech in Wheaton, MD. They're authorized Crown and nearly everything else.

subwoof
03-02-2009, 03:30 PM
What exactly is wrong?? I've fixed hundreds of crowns and that is not a very difficult model.

AEtechron isn't the same people as crown but the owner and 2 of the main techs did work for crown's techron division ( which they bought ).

sub

hjames
03-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Heck of a deal, if you ask me.

If you want local, I can vouch for the guys at ProTech in Wheaton, MD.
They're authorized Crown and nearly everything else.

I think he's up in the Delaware end of the state -
... a fur piece from Wheaton ...

BMWCCA
03-02-2009, 03:38 PM
AEtechron isn't the same people as crown but the owner and 2 of the main techs did work for crown's techron division ( which they bought ).Thanks for the clarification. That is what I remember, I just used an incomplete shorthand to reply. Something I'm developing from reading Ian's posts! :blink:

It really could be something as simple as a bad LED.

On one of my VFX2As one power LED fell into the guts. It was only attached to the front panel with something that looked like twenty-year-old masking tape. Simple fix. I believe I improved it by using Durco cement. Or maybe it was duct tape. ;)

BMWCCA
03-02-2009, 03:42 PM
I think he's up in the Delaware end of the state -
... a fur piece from Wheaton ...May very well be, but it can't be any further away than I am, and I use them. :D They're factory-certified for nearly any brand of gear, too.