PDA

View Full Version : need help on jbl mi-3

adeel
02-13-2009, 09:29 AM
hello , friends i got a real problem i recently purchased 2nd hand loudspeakers detail is as below

jbl Silver Series
The Spirit of Music
mi-3 ( looks like mi-3)

Dimentions 300*315*360mm
Enclosure 5th order bandpass
Driver 12" (303mm)
Power 280 Watts RMS
RRP $ 430

jbl corporation
Made In U.S.A
i checked the website of jbl and jblpro and searched every where but failed to find this product of jbl . i am very disoppoined . i think shope keeper gave me fake product of jbl but i can't do anything now. i opened the box opened the woofer this woofer is double magnet nothing is printed on the back of the woofer then i opened the midrage i found sanyo on the back of the midrange then i opened the tweeter and nothing is printed on the the back of the tweeter. i also found no damping (acoustic material ) inside the box but it has bassreflex pipe on the back of the the box. it also has no crossover network . i am confused how jbl can make product of this kind i want to know if u have any idea that this product is real jbl or fake produc . And wheater i should fill the box with damping material or i should not fill the box with damping material. thanks regards.

Mr. Widget
02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
I am sorry to say that yes, it does appear that you have been sold fraudulent merchandise. I have no idea about the laws in your country, but here the fact that you opened the speakers would have little bearing in a situation of fraud.

Go back to the store and demand a refund.

BTW: I deleted your other posts. We do not allow identical posts in multiple locations.

Widget

adeel
02-14-2009, 01:10 AM
I am sorry to say that yes, it does appear that you have been sold fraudulent merchandise. I have no idea about the laws in your country, but here the fact that you opened the speakers would have little bearing in a situation of fraud.

Go back to the store and demand a refund.

BTW: I deleted your other posts. We do not allow identical posts in multiple locations.

Widget
hi,
the shopekeeper told me that he will never return these speakers as he also doesn't know about them and told me before selling that i am not responsible for any thing check them if u like purchase them other wise leave them . so problem is continued i want to fill box with damping material will it produce good sound or bad. thanks

Mr. Widget
02-14-2009, 01:56 AM
so problem is continued i want to fill box with damping material will it produce good sound or bad. thanksNo one can know the answer to that question since they are bastard speakers with no known lineage. It sounds like the shop keeper gave you fair warning and you hoped for the best... all the while he probably knew they were the worst.

I hope you didn't pay too much for them.

Widget

adeel
02-15-2009, 03:13 AM
No one can know the answer to that question since they are bastard speakers with no known lineage. It sounds like the shop keeper gave you fair warning and you hoped for the best... all the while he probably knew they were the worst.

I hope you didn't pay too much for them.

Widget
hi,
well now i can't do any thing so i think if i fill the box of the speaker with damping material it will work better but i don't know that a bassreflex box required damping material inside the box so can u please tell me if a box has bassreflex pipe behind the box if it is filled with coustic material what happened ok generally is it okay to use damping material in a bassreflex box??????????????? thanks

hjames
02-15-2009, 06:22 AM
hi,
well now i can't do any thing so i think if i fill the box of the speaker with damping material it will work better but i don't know that a bassreflex box required damping material inside the box so can u please tell me if a box has bassreflex pipe behind the box if it is filled with coustic material what happened ok generally is it okay to use damping material in a bassreflex box??????????????? thanks

Like you have been told already - the "design" was apparently just meant to be fraudulent,
so no one knows anything about what you have described as bootleg speakers pretending to be something from JBL.

But if it has 3 drivers and doesn't even have a crossover, that says to me that it wasn't "designed" to be a real speaker
that you can use - its just parts thrown into a box for a quick fraud.

Because its not REALLY a JBL/Lansing product, no one here can give you any particulars on how its going to act or what to do with it,
other than take it back and DEMAND a refund. If you can't do that, enjoy it however you will ...

Whatever you do, good luck to you ...

adeel
02-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Like you have been told already - the "design" was apparently just meant to be fraudulent,
so no one knows anything about what you have described as bootleg speakers pretending to be something from JBL.

But if it has 3 drivers and doesn't even have a crossover, that says to me that it wasn't "designed" to be a real speaker
that you can use - its just parts thrown into a box for a quick fraud.

Because its not REALLY a JBL/Lansing product, no one here can give you any particulars on how its going to act or what to do with it,
other than take it back and DEMAND a refund. If you can't do that, enjoy it however you will ...

Whatever you do, good luck to you ...
hi, yes it is 3 way system without network woofer is about 10 inch when i measured the woofer with inch tap midrange is about 5 inch from sharp max 40 watts looks good quality and tweeter is of also good quality . woofer is of double magnet i searched the jbl and jblpro in depth to find that model but nothing i found i emailed jbl they said they don't know about this model. Then i tried to match the woofer front from jbl models and found that this woofer is same of model jbl E 150P
10" 150 Watts Powered Subwoofer

front is same but i can't see the back side of the E150p model woofer . but my woofer is of double magnet with a hole at the back plate nothing is printed on the back of the woofer so i can judge where it belong. but quality is good. and bass is extrem. is it possible that jbl produced product like this in old days or some one purchased jbl woofer of E150 and build that unit. i am totally confused i really want to know what is that thing i am using . thanks.

hjames
02-15-2009, 10:32 AM
hi, yes it is 3 way system without network woofer is about 10 inch when i measured the woofer with inch tap midrange is about 5 inch from sharp max 40 watts looks good quality and tweeter is of also good quality . woofer is of double magnet i searched the jbl and jblpro in depth to find that model but nothing i found i emailed jbl they said they don't know about this model. Then i tried to match the woofer front from jbl models and found that this woofer is same of model jbl E 150P
10" 150 Watts Powered Subwoofer

front is same but i can't see the back side of the E150p model woofer . but my woofer is of double magnet with a hole at the back plate nothing is printed on the back of the woofer so i can judge where it belong. but quality is good. and bass is extrem. is it possible that jbl produced product like this in old days or some one purchased jbl woofer of E150 and build that unit. i am totally confused i really want to know what is that thing i am using . thanks.

really sounds like someone grabbed some speakers they had handy and made them up - JBL doesn't use Sanyo drivers - Its NOT anything made professionally ... Mr Widget already told you the same thing ...

Its not a real thing ... no specs - kludge or bastard speaker is probably appropriate term ...
Go get a refund or play with it as you like -

bye now