PDA

View Full Version : Model 15,brushed alluminum trim on grill

randymiller71
02-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Does any one know where to get the brushed alluminum strip that goes across the front of the speaker grills?

sonofagun
02-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Why? Do you have grilles that need a replacement strip?

The originals may have been plastic as I recall, but I could be wrong :eek:.

I've made replacement foam grilles for the 15 both with and without a groove for the strip.

rgwalker
03-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Does any one know where to get the brushed alluminum strip that goes across the front of the speaker grills?

If you find any please post it here and I'll do the same if I find more than one pair. Mine did come with them but the seller delivered the speakers on a trip to Las Vegas and forgot them under the seat of his truck. The California bud that we did after unloading them probably had something to do with it. By the time that I got down to San Diego and asked to pick them up he had forgotten that he had promised them to me and had sold them. It's that bud again. He's a good friend and has sold me lots of good stuff over the years so I didn't hold it against him and on that particular trip to San Diego he sold me a nice pair of empty JBL Olympus S7 cabinets for $100.00 that now house my orphaned LE15As, 375s and LX5s so I can't complain.

Bob Walker