PDA

View Full Version : 2206 repair Reconer question

macaroonie
02-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi gang, I just scored a blown 2206 hpl . I got it for pennies and as yet have not seen it to determine what the nature of the 'blow' is ( if I am lucky it might only be a torn tinsel ) however what are my options if it needs a new cone. I would like to use it as a donor chassis for my muso chums for MI use so can a D/K/E120 cone drop in and give service or alternately is there a current light cone 12 that will work.
The pukka recone kits here are $$$$$$mega so as an alternative can any of the forum's legion of reconers offer me a coil and alloy dust cap ( in the event that the coil is toast ) so that I can get this bastard puppy up and running.
Is there a cone / frame matrix anywhere ?

Cheers as ever Mac

SMKSoundPro
02-05-2009, 02:40 PM
See Link: http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Goes%20Into%20List/Goes%20Into%20List.pdf

See C8R2206 kit only goes into 2206. It is not the same frame as a E120.

Are you trying to make an E120 out of it by trying a tin dome?

Scotty

macaroonie
02-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Like you care :D you are a busy man now :D Just kidding. My first task will be to see whats up and if indeed it is the coil then I will endeavour to remove the cone and replace or repair the coil . If that is not a happnin deal then sorry folks its aftermarket time. $$$$ is an issue at the moment so this is a cheapo save it from the landfill move only.
The ally dust cap might just give it some zing. Its for RIDDUM gittar

On another note you can make a great cabinet scraper from the back edge of a saw. Just use a griding cutter to cut out about 6" by 4". The back edge is usually pretty square and sharp. A bit of stoning and then burr over one edge and you are good to go. Try it on some old dog veneer and you will soon get the technique. It will remove all the old crap very evenly and in manageable amounts. It is the tool for the job.