PDA

View Full Version : Mini-me version of posting

JBL 4645
01-30-2009, 09:40 AM
http://www.djlonline.com/bloog/minime.jpg

There is mini-me version of posting small topics of sort on my profile page. Yet I keep getting the following issue each and every time I post.

BB code font is not allowed.

Weird is there a mode switch that I haven’t turned ON or OFF?:dont-know

Rolf
01-31-2009, 01:00 PM
http://www.djlonline.com/bloog/minime.jpg

There is mini-me version of posting small topics of sort on my profile page. Yet I keep getting the following issue each and every time I post.

BB code font is not allowed.

Weird is there a mode switch that I haven’t turned ON or OFF?:dont-know
What? :dont-know:screwy:

JBL 4645
01-31-2009, 02:19 PM
What? :dont-know:screwy:

It looks like this.

You’ve been posting in yours Rolf and do you get anything like the above “bb code?”

Rolf
01-31-2009, 09:39 PM
No.

JBL 4645
02-02-2009, 07:14 AM
No.

No you haven’t a clue how to turn it ON or no you have no idea because I don’t have any idea ether?

Every time I type in it and send I get the sodden BB code what is BB code is it Morse code??:D

Rolf
02-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Still not understand.:blink:

hjames
02-03-2009, 05:10 AM
Still not understand.:blink:

Its ashly speak - we are not worthy ...:(

(makes no sense to me either,
but I think he codes the fonts he uses here
and with his funky Windows install,
sometimes things get weird with his PC)

he's probably got something out of the ordinary selected in his Profile here ...

JBL 4645
02-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Its ashly speak - we are not worthy ...:(

(makes no sense to me either,
but I think he codes the fonts he uses here
and with his funky Windows install,
sometimes things get weird with his PC)

he's probably got something out of the ordinary selected in his Profile here ...

What you can’t figure out the Ashly funky cool cross-puzzle-network code?

If you had any idea as to what the funny was with this fanciable BB code that I keep getting as an error I thought you would have least said something like. I know what that is.

I was wrong.:D
http://i32.tinypic.com/256gzme.jpg

I’ll send bop, a pm and see if he doesn’t know what it is? Sigh:(

hjames
02-03-2009, 06:49 AM
i don't KNOW what it is but I can help troubleshoot ...

on the far right top side of the editor box is a blue square that looks like a fraction A/A

when I click that it reveals the html formatting code for the text thats being posted or edited ...

for instance - my post here adds nothing, but it looks like your post that I am replying to has "FONT=Times New Roman" and FONT "SIZE=3"

Its why your posts look different than mine. Not sure why you do that but its overhead on your posts ... probably worth you having a look -

I'm guessing you must have some kind of formatting codes embedded in your Mini-Me thing, what-ever-in-hell THAT is ...

What you can’t figure out the Ashly funky cool cross-puzzle-network code?

If you had any idea as to what the funny was with this fanciable BB code that I keep getting as an error I thought you would have least said something like. I know what that is.

I was wrong.:D
http://i32.tinypic.com/256gzme.jpg

I’ll send bop, a pm and see if he doesn’t know what it is? Sigh:(

JBL 4645
02-03-2009, 07:06 AM
That name just came to me as it looked like mini version of the main forums without necessarily posting on the main boards.

I used this feature strange enough over on the I love cats forums and it worked a treat but when I use it over here I keep getting the bb code is not allowed!

As you know I always use Microsoft Windows because of my handicap with spelling.

I even tried typing in the box directly without pasting the text in. and it still keeps giving the same results.

I noticed a bb code ON and OFF switch along with a few other switches on the left-hand-side last week while editing a post and haven’t seen it since, unless I really am starting too senile.

Hold on second… found this at the end of the page while editing. Now I have to wake myself up and figure it out.

BB code is a set of tags based on the HTML language that you may already be familiar with. They allow you to add formatting to your messages in the same way as HTML does, but have a simpler syntax and will never break the layout of the pages you are viewing. The ability to use BB code is set on a forum-by-forum basis by the administrator, so you should check the forum rules when you post a new message.

Below is a list of the BB code tags you can use to format your messages.

Sorry I just don’t get its so Dutch I just don’t get it?:(

JBL 4645
02-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Forget about I think I must have clicked on button and now its enabled forget about and thank you.:bouncy:

hjames
02-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Forget about I think I must have clicked on button and now its enabled forget about and thank you.:bouncy:

No problem, there are a lot of little switches and toggles here that most folks never need ... but if you accidentally bump one on ... OMG!! :banghead:

JBL 4645
02-03-2009, 07:23 AM
No problem, there are a lot of little switches and toggles here that most folks never need ... but if you accidentally bump one on ... OMG!! :banghead:

Just like Airplane II there are switches and buttons and lights everywhere!:D

Now it says I’m moderating does this mean I have been promoted as moderator of Lansing Heritage?:D

It does my head it’s too dicey I’m not going to bother using it because it won’t allow me, to paste in the text. It allows me to freely type directly into the box now! So guess the code is different when using Microsoft Windows. But I use it on the cat forum and didn’t get any fuss with it.