PDA

View Full Version : JBL's falling from the sky..4412's, Le8t's

evans224
01-21-2009, 12:01 AM
A sign of the times, I guess. I just picked up a pair of 4412's at a price I couldn't pass up.:) Yes, it appears I have the dreaded disease of never having enough JBL's! The surrounds are shot, but what's cool about these is that they came to the original owner unfinished. I guess this was an option from the factory.The cabs are in great shape, and the other drivers are perfect. Cash is king these days, and there are deals to be had.

I bought a lot of 4 LE8T-H's for $10 each. Out of these I can make one presentable pair after re-surrounding. Of the other two, one has an open voice coil and one needs a recone. I'm going to search the forums as to what to do with the "dead" ones. Any ideas are welcome.

I just finished re-surrounding a pair of 127H's for the 4410's I have. I look forward to side-by-side comparison with the 4412's.

JBL 4645
01-21-2009, 03:47 AM
JBL 4412, studio monitor A speaker barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic speaker. JBL 4212 will be that speaker. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, louder! :D

Looks in good order a simple re foam of the edge surround and it will be dancing tunes loud and proudly again.

brutal
01-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Unfinished...??? :hmm:

I was expecting bare MDF, not clear veneer.

Awesome score.